Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Oshkosh and one week in the North 40

davidfabry wrote:

We currently have a fleet of 5 TBMs going.

David, Would you let someone with a Jetprop tag along ?

(thats assuming I can almost keep up)

Ah, yes, Mooney_Driver is right it was a Jodel.

RobertL18C wrote:

the French helicopter pilot wins the testicular fortitude award.

Most definitely, even though I didn’t understand everything he said
Joking aside, doing this VFR is much more demanding, let alone in a helicopter!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I plan this trip for 2018. With a Bonanza B36TC!

EDMA, Germany

Just a quick post to let everyone know that we are going (again!) to Oshkosh this coming summer.

I am working on the details as a few friends have expressed their interest to come along.

We currently have a fleet of 5 TBMs going.

I have done this trip many times and if anyone is looking for tips, I am glad to help.

Cheers,

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

terbang impressive, and the French helicopter pilot wins the testicular fortitude award.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Different plane than the one I mentioned – that onre was was a blue and white Robin DR400 flown by a young-ish active Lufthansa pilot. Must be a repeating theme!

terbang wrote:

I once read about a Swiss guy who flew over several times in a rather small VFR-only plane (a Robin?). I tried to google him but couldn’t find anything.

I even think it was a Jodel and the guy is an airline pilot from somewhere in the Geneva region. Only read about him in passing once as he appears to have done the crossing while the P&F flyout was happening and they spotted him.

Actually, I think it is HB-EUZ, a Jodel Capitaine flown by a former Swissair Pilot.

Aircraft HB-EUZ at Oskosh

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 30 Jan 23:19
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

There was a Robin flying European who flew to Oshkosh. IIRC he was a Lufthansa pilot who more often used a much larger plane to fly a similar route!

Thanks

I think quite a few Europeans fly over each year. I once read about a Swiss guy who flew over several times in a rather small VFR-only plane (a Robin?). I tried to google him but couldn’t find anything.

We have Monroy tanks and our endurance is more than nine hours. Each of the three Atlantic legs took just over four hours, so that was not a problem.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Some trip

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message