Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First IFR Trip: A mini-break visit to EIKY

Great trip report, thanks for sharing. Hotel looks lovely – have added it to my list of places to visit from the UK.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Fantastic, and here’s to many more trips to come for you!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Lovely report, in the typically Irish summer glad you got your F-reg Mooney back in the air !

zuutroy wrote:

I really enjoyed the IFR experience and particularly being the reason for an ‘IFR traffic departing, remain OCAS’ call that someone else received!

he should have gone “we have RyanAir on TCAS”

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

Do you have a French mécano locally? A long time ago I wanted to keep an F-reg in the UK but this was a problem

No problem these days with EASA and Part-ML. The only interaction I have with the French authority is to send them notification of ARC renewal each year.

EIMH, Ireland

Congrats ! Hope your passenger enjoyed all what you came through to get there.
The only negative bit is « IFR departing, stay OCAS ». Given the size of CAS they want, it is a lot for just a SEP climbing

LFOU, France

zuutroy wrote:

Even on a bad day it looks pretty good.

It does thanks zuutroy, good writeup and Kerry looks like it’s worth a visit

Do you have a French mécano locally? A long time ago I wanted to keep an F-reg in the UK but this was a problem

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Must be great to be back in the air “properly” after all the troubles!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The first IFR trip is a milstone, and it’s great if it can be a good trip in other ways too.
Great write up too. Congrats.

United Kingdom

Lonely trip and great writeup.

As you say, the big problem with Kerry is that it’s a long way from anywhere. So it really needs to be an overnight visit to make it worth it. But it is a great overnight destination.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Great report! Congratulations!

always learning
LO__, Austria
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message