Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Airports Database

Looking at the record created I believe this has been addressed but I haven’t tested it yet.

The search form is still being worked on. We now have two search modes but there should be just one box for the text string.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The search is now much improved.

Around 180 reports already.

Can everyone please spread the word on their local forums?

Administrator

HEIC should now be working. Feel free to try it.

There is a minor issue with a broken image icon being displayed, following the initial image selection, due to the browsers not supporting this image format, but that will be fixed with a generic icon

After upload, the image converts to jpeg and shows up fine.

Administrator

Suggestion:
Add a link to the airports database in the banner at the top of the EuroGA homepage, perhaps after the “Trips & Airports”.

LSZK, Switzerland

Can anyone with Chrome see this thick black box, in the new report entry form?

Administrator

It’s fixed It was a very recent change in Chrome.

Administrator

chflyer wrote:

Suggestion:
Add a link to the airports database in the banner at the top of the EuroGA homepage, perhaps after the “Trips & Airports”.

I think you mean the top of the EuroGA page generally, which is what I meant earlier – I think Peter has put a link on the actual homepage…but I rarely go there as my shortcut is straight to Hangar Talk…

Regards, SD..

(I still think its a great initiative though – well done !!)

There is a link from the home page

I will ask David to add one here

Still trying to make the map work usefully. Provided you don’t zoom out too far, it seems fine on a PC, and is similarly ok on a modern Ipad or Iphone, but not on my S10e phone running Chrome.

Chrome is a bug-ridden POS actually, which is constantly breaking server-side code, but is very popular.

Administrator

Nearly 200 reports now… keep them coming

I need to sort out an SQL script which finds everyone who posted >=10 reports with photos so I can get some t-shirts sent out

Some cosmetic improvements are being done. Eventually I will get someone to take a close look at the CSS but there is always time…

You know one of the simple little things I really like about the site? The Back button on the browser actually works! These days it is soooo fashionable to use “frameworks” which either deliberately make the Back button useless (there is a fashionable view that the Back button has no place on “proper” websites) or if you click it, it chucks away the entire context and you have to start again.

One of the briefs to the dev was to avoid fancy frameworks because fashions pass by fast in server-side software, this site needs to be maintainable for years, and while past fashions can still be maintained, the devs can charge what they like.

Administrator

Two people have free EuroGA t-shirts coming

Administrator
Sign in to add your message