Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Airports Database

I made 5 entries. I would enjoy it, if my plane is connected to my account, so that I don‘t have to put in the same data like type and mtow again and again.

EDDS , Germany

There are two approaches I can see.

One is a “save a copy” feature. Just pull out some previous report of yours, or actually by anybody else (say by ICAO code), click Edit, amend and Save a New Report. This is easy but wasn’t put in because it was judged many people would just use the same words for each report they do, or duplicate reports containing some duff info and thus giving it more credibility

Currently, you can edit your own (for up to 7 days; admin can give you another 7 days on request at any later time) but you should not see the edit button for anybody else’s report.

Another is a user profile where you define the default details. It would be linked to your username, which is authenticated via euroga.org using oauth. That is quite a bit of work, and a significant user interface complication. There are plenty of airport and other databases out there already with horrible UIs.

Note also that your euroga.org forum profile doesn’t have much info. Yes; the aircraft type, but no weight etc.

I suspect a “save a new report” feature is the best way to deal with this. It would be good for regular contributors.

OTOH, I am a bit puzzled because only a small portion of the new report form is your aircraft. The rest is all variable stuff. And your browser will cache it all anyway and offer suggestions. For me it always offers “TB20” under Type.

The immediate focus is the ZZZZ functionality, for all those with farm strips and top secret 100LL drums hidden in the bushes

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is this the full current notam for ESMI?

D0183/20
Q) ESAA/QLEAS/IV/BO/A/000/999/5536N01341E005
A) ESMI
B) 2004210610 C) 2006011500 EST
E) RWY EDGE LIGHTS RWY 12/30 U/S

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Is this the full current notam for ESMI?

D0183/20
Q) ESAA/QLEAS/IV/BO/A/000/999/5536N01341E005
A) ESMI
B) 2004210610 C) 2006011500 EST
E) RWY EDGE LIGHTS RWY 12/30 U/S

Affirm

Well I have a source. I need to find someone who can write the PHP to get it, as their contribution to EuroGA

I need to spend donations wisely, and this project has cost me plenty of money personally. I think there are people out there who can do little self contained jobs.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

A job creation scheme. Why not send them everywhere?

You see job creation schemes everywhere…

Because once upon a time all NOTAMs were sent by teleprinter which had very limited bandwidth. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are still some teleprinter links somewhere in the AFTN.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Not in the civilised world. They were gone when I visited NATS 10 years ago. There were some leased lines then. They showed me the AFTN map of Europe.

So limited distribution is just an exercise in old style national sovereignity / pretending that pilots brief in the tower of departure.

Anyway I have a solution or two in hand.

Administrator

Got some new notam code. Stand by

Administrator

LeSving wrote:

There are no landing fees at Avinor airports, only take off fees. (…) so I have to write 0 in landing fee.

Formally, you are right. Pragmatically, what people want to see in “landing fee” is “what is the fixed cost [not dependent on duration of visit] paid to airport/authorities/ATC provider/… to land there, and depart again”, because, well, in the vast majority of cases, that is the profile. Whether that is a true “landing fee”, an “approach fee”, a “terminal fee”, a “radio use fee”, a “takeoff fee”, a “meteorology fee”, etc or a combination thereof can be intellectually interesting for deeply geeky characters (such as me), but really, operationally one doesn’t give a rat’s ass.

We separate the fixed part from the variable part because visit times vary, so that is useful to separate. We separate handling costs (paid to handler) because different handlers at same airport have different prices, one avoids them if one can do self-handling, etc.

ELLX

LeSving wrote:

There are no landing fees at Avinor airports, only take off fees. This may seem an irrelevant, and probably is for 99.99% of cases. But it has to be correct, so I have to write 0 in landing fee.

Please dont do this.

I really dont care if Im paying to land or take-off. I have to do both if I visit the aerodrome in an aeroplane…
(Unless my landing is so bad I cant take off,in which case I will have bigger problems and bills… )

Last Edited by skydriller at 25 May 08:25
Sign in to add your message