Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EPIC LT RA2151G down near Egelsbach

An Epic LT, registration RA2151G, performing a flight from Cannes to Egelsbach has crashed slightly south of Egelsbach airfield, killing the 3 occupants. The aircraft impacted a field and burnt out totally. There was one pilot and two passengers on board, one of the latter is reported to be the owner of S7 Airlines.

So far the media have not taken note that this is an experimental airplane.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

So far the media have not taken note that this is an experimental airplane
I seriously doubt that any of the mainstream media would be able to explain the difference between an experimental and a certified airplane at least remotely correct.

Additional tragedy: Two more people were killed in a car accident involving a police vehicle enroute to the crash site.

RIP…

Last Edited by tschnell at 31 Mar 22:38
Friedrichshafen EDNY

Echoes of the Sala flight? One of Russia’s richest women flies in an experimental TP….

I have seen this plane many times in lfmd, belongs to a rich russian living around. Been told that the plane was for his daughter… sad anyway… no détails on the net?

LFMD, France

172driver wrote:

Echoes of the Sala flight? One of Russia’s richest women flies in an experimental TP….

Epic’s equity is closely connected to S7’s equity, and S7 ownership was flying this aircraft regularly, not a one-off unconnected to the airplane operator/owner.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

The last few FR24 contacts show a stabilized descent inbound UBENO with a final level-off at around the 5000ft MEA and 200KTS before contact is lost. Hilly terrain is around 1500ft in the area.

There were big periodic groundspeed excursions in cruise (250-300KTS) af FL260 but it could be a FR24 artifact.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I’m no expert, but with aircraft debris spread over only 20 meters and not far from the airfield (Erzhausen), I’m guessing spin in base or final turn.

Last Edited by loco at 01 Apr 08:22
LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

I’m no expert, but with aircraft debris spread over only 20 meters and not far from the airfield (Erzhausen), I’m guessing spin in base or final turn.

Looks like they were landing Easterly. That is a tight rather unpleasant turn to final over the power lines to land in that direction in a high performance aircraft.

EGTK Oxford

If you never landed there it can be challenging indeed. The epic LT looks like a sleek fast machine with very thin wings wonder what the min approach speed is. You have a 1500 Ft upper deck only.
For night ops a special briefing is required you have to complete and watch an approach video.
http://briefing.egelsbach-airport.com/?lang=en

EBST

Very sad story. May they Rest In Peace.

Was it a night landing? What were the weather coming conditions?

Tököl LHTL
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message