Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Durham EGNV

Thanks Justin. Really appreciate the local insight. I was planning on around 5000ft once clear of the London TMA.

Quick question, will approach usually give vectors for the ILS or do you usually report on the DME Arc? I will be joining from the south. Do you know if there is an approach charge for flying the ILS?

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Im based at Durham (or at least my old Mooney is).

Its quiet on the social front (in fact all fronts) so you’ll get first rate service. Weston will arrange fuel too if you need it. They are a nice bunch and very helpful. Ive rarely had any problem with transits through either EMA or Doncaster. Best maximised by flying high and sounding (better still -being) professional. No specific levels that I know of. Drop me an email / pm if you need a phone number for a chat before you set off or if you get stuck when you’re here.

EGNV and Fishburn Airfield

Thanks very much for the replies. I have received confirmation back from Weston Aviation. The charges for a PA32 mtow 1630kg are:

LANDING – £20
HANDLING – £25
PARKING – £10

Very friendly reply, offered to arrange car hire, with car dropped off to their office.

Alex

Weston, not Western.

http://www.westonaviation.com/fbo-network/durham-tees-valley/

Based in the old Cleveland Flying School just behind ATC. Quite reasonable and very friendly.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

1. Yes “western” are the handling agent. But for an SEP they charge 10 or 20 quid

2. EMA can be a bit hit or miss. But more hit than miss

3. Doncaster are excellent. I’ve never been refused.

Just wondering if anybody is based at Durham or has flown In recently?

Just a few questions:-

1) Looks like mandatory handling for visitors. Is there a friendly flying club where you can pay the landing fee?

2)Is a transit of East Midlands airspace easy to get? Do they have a preferred level like Southampton who like you at 4000ft ?

3) ditto with Doncaster / Sheffield.

Many thanks.

Alex
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message