Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Yes, I know, but I see no way to fix it for less than 3-4 figures

It is a rare issue.

The much bigger issue with the home page is that a thread cannot be promoted to the home page banners if there is a graphic on post #1 wider than about 600px. It can be solved but with a lot of code.

Maybe you have an idea on how to do what the thread is asking.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

After almost 3 years since this virus came. After 3 vaccines, two Pfiser and one Moderna, Fever, headache, sneezing coughing, sore throat. It really knocked me out. Took a test yesterday and voila

My wife got it a few days before, caught it at an event with several other cases, so it didn’t come as a surprise.

But I mean, in hindsight this whole corona affair looks a bit fishy IMO. The whole idea of vaccines is to “teach” the immune system to attack this virus. 3 shots haven’t helped one bit. Maybe the first strains were more lethal? Maybe the vaccines cuts the edges of the virus? Does the data support this? Not IMO, it was only people with existing difficulties that really got sick. My symptoms (and my wife’s) looks to be spot on what the average person in the 50s got in the beginning. Like a “serious” flu. I’m in the middle of it right now, perhaps it will worsen? I don’t think so, my wife has already improved a lot.

In a few years I will probably get it again

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

This is not how vaccinations work.

Vaccinations vary in effectiveness. But, most importantly and most obviously: you don’t know how you would have reacted with no vaccinations. Just because you had symptoms with the vaccines, doesn’t mean it would be the same without. You would likely have had more severe symptoms.

The vaccinations won’t prevent symptoms, but will reduce the severity to the point that very few vaccinated individuals will end up in hospital. This is precisely what has happened. There are still plenty of people who have had a very bad time with Covid, despite being triple vaccinated, but the point is that they did not end up in hospital which was the whole problem with Covid in the first place.

Most “normal” vaccines are for diseases which have been almost entirely eradicated now, due to vaccination for many years. Polio, for example.

Last Edited by IO390 at 15 Aug 14:02
United Kingdom

Plus which, the vaccines have not yet caught up with the Omicron variant and all its sub-variants. And by the time they do, there will be yet another new one.

I am 4x vaxxed. I still caught it a few weeks back, almost certainly from sitting next to someone at lunch for a couple of hours (this is France!). It was a serious nuisance (stopped me from doing my first post-accident flight for one thing) but the symptoms were like a cold that doesn’t quite get going – mild sore throat, a bit sniffly for a couple of days. My wife inevitably got it too, she was a bit worse than me but still nothing to worry about.

I figure it’s just something we’ll have to live with, like the cold. Vaxx once or twice per year, and catch it from time to time.

LFMD, France

IO390 wrote:

Just because you had symptoms with the vaccines, doesn’t mean it would be the same without. You would likely have had more severe symptoms.

Not according to statistics (real world data). The symptoms I have is spot on for 99% of people in the age 50-60 during the “first” wave. If anything the newer strains are reportedly weaker, but transmits more easily. IMO, when things settle a bit more, and more data is available, the whole Corona affair will end up in a very strange light. Nature itself would have handled this just fine without these phony vaccines.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

@LeSving it sounds like you’ve made up your mind about vaccines and are using this thread as a new soapbox to spread vaccine FUD.

United Kingdom

IO390 wrote:

it sounds like you’ve made up your mind about vaccines and are using this thread as a new soapbox to spread vaccine FUD

I am simply presenting my experience. I got nothing against vaccines as long as they work A non-working vaccine, what’s that? In the old days it was called snake oil. But I guess when made by multi billion dollar companies and backed up by entire nations, the working part isn’t all that important?

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I am simply presenting my experience.

One’s personal experience doesn’t have any significance in evaluating effectiveness of certain drug including vaccines.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

LeSving wrote:

I am simply presenting my experience.

You have a PhD. You should know better than simply generalising from personal experience.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Please, let’s not start this again. The previous CV19 thread was locked at 10000 posts. It is highly divisive; anti-vaccers and conspiracy theorists are surprisingly well represented in GA and it just causes a lot of people to leave the forum as a protest. Then you got the vaccine nationalism stuff, and Europe definitely doesn’t need any more nationalism. This is why the discussion is banned in most other places.

For some reason this thread was locked. It is now unlocked.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message