Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

YouTuber bails out due to stopped engine (looks like it was staged)

On the other hand the FAA is faced with more and more stupid pilots doing stupid things to gain youtube followers. They have to make examples of people and this guy is as good as anyone.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I agree; this one pushed the boat out more than most

And his number of followers, and resultant moneytisation, will get noticed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

It may appear apparent,

Well, after it was revealed that he had hidden fire extinguishers in his trousers, it couldn’t be more apparent.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

LeSving wrote:

The video has got 1.7M views, and I’m sure it will increase, so it’s a success regardless

One can only hope they impound every single cent he gained.
Berlin, Germany

We know he faked an emergency, he knows he faked an emergency and the FAA knows he faked an emergency.
He is getting what he did it for 2 million views on You Tube. One could argue that this was a commercial flight.
The FAA have decided that they want to discourage him and others from doing more reckless things.
One could argue that publicising the fact that in a light aircraft if you run out of fuel or the engine coughs and you don’t have a parachute, you are going to die. Have others on here ever been asked by a passenger if they need to wear a parachute when going on a trip? I know I have.
So what does such a video do for GA. IMO nothing.
Was it entertaining? You need to make up your own mind on that. But if people start noticing that the opened the door before any emergency occurred or that he has fire extinguishers stuck to his legs, I would say not.
To do what he did was indeed daring, but amateur time. As indeed most You Tube videos are amateur time.
2 million views may be a lot on YT but in the real movie world, only 2 million views would be considered a turkey.

Last Edited by gallois at 23 Apr 07:04
France

2 million views is around 5,000 dollar if you use ads, depending on what advertisers you attract, can be more or less depending on that.

The game is gathering subscribers and producing regular output. Explicit sponsorship also can boost earnings a lot.

Glad that they stuck the boot in so this does not turn into a stunt-a-week channel…

Biggin Hill

Someone in another forum said the video had been demonetised – I don’t know if that’s true though.

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

Someone in another forum said the video had been demonetised

How would anyone except the guy himself know?

I just think this whole thing gets blown out of proportions on the internet. Was it deliberate? it looks like it, but we don’t know for sure. Perhaps semi-deliberate. Was it reckless? Considering the guy is both a pilot and a skydiver and he was alone over a desolate area, I would say no. It’s like jumping out of a car in the middle of the desert. Running out of fuel with passengers is much more reckless IMO.

The thing is, except Cirrus pilots, most pilots would do all the things the FAA say he should (didn’t) do, chute or no chute. Then what about Cirrus pilots? Are they reckless too?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Was it deliberate? it looks like it, but we don’t know for sure.

I’m all for letting courts deceide and give him the right to defend himself and so on…. but seriously? Have you watched the video? Yes, I know for sure.

Berlin, Germany

LeSving wrote:

Was it reckless? Considering the guy is both a pilot and a skydiver and he was alone over a desolate area, I would say no.

Ever heard of wildfires? I mean the type Europeans have never seen. 200-300 ft flames. The ones that raze an entire town in a few minutes. That asshole crashed the plane into a remote forested area. Only luck was he didn’t start a fire. I really hope he does jail time.

alioth wrote:

Someone in another forum said the video had been demonetised – I don’t know if that’s true though.

I think YouTube can do that.

Sign in to add your message