Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Connect iPad mini 4 to TWO BOSE A20 headsets by Bluetooth?

Peter wrote:

Then the Q becomes whether two apps can concurrently drive the same headset profile client

They can. I regularly do this with Spotify and Apple or Google Maps driving directions in the car. You can even haven different volume profiles, i.e. the music at lower volume than the announcements from Maps.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

The best solutions are (I found out via Apple that it does not work with iPad onboard BT)

a) Plug a Bluetooth receiver into the AUX AUDIO IN in the center console and connect the iPad with that. This way everybody on board can listen to the checklist

b) Or put a new audio panel like the PMA450A in the plane and pair that with the iPad. I wanted that new audio panel for other reasons anyway

Then the Q becomes whether two apps can concurrently drive the same headset profile client

On a PC you can do it, but IOS or Android?

Also forget anything via an internet connection while airborne.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

Ok for music or something with continous output, but not so good for anything intermittant.

So just play some music via Spotify at low volume in the background.

Yes, that can well be … with the direct BT connection iPad-A20 this does not happen, all there. But maybe there’s different devices, or one that’s “always on”.

EasyVFR introduced spoken airspace and traffic warnings last year. Since then I know some people without bluetooth headsets and without an audio in on their panel, tried usign the 3.5mm to bluetooth devices. But according to what I heard, it doesn’t work so well. Apparently the devices only activate on an output, so you lose the first 0.5 seconds of whatever is being outputted.

Ok for music or something with continous output, but not so good for anything intermittant.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Hey, cool! Please let me know how it works.
I used cables for smartCHECK but I’d love to reach the point to have cockpit with less cables…

Alexis wrote:

Can you give the device type, name? Maybe an amazon link?

I have a noname product purchased at the local “CONRAD” store but the one you’re suggesting would be as good.

Btw. this weekend I’m planning on testing this setup with the Smart Checklist.

You mean I could put the BT device into the 3,5mm AUX in of the airplane and then connect the iPad with that device?

Can you give the device type, name? Maybe an amazon link?

This? I have one of those to conect my son’s iPhone with his stereo.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Auto-Bluetooth-Wireless-AUX-IN-Empfanger-Adapter-Dongle-Musik-Audio-Stereo-A2DP-/121977781235?hash=item1c66713bf3:g:GvMAAOSwKfVXKoCC

EDIT: I would not even need the expensive new BOSE cables for that ;-) Oh well …

Last Edited by at 18 May 08:30

Both in my car and, if applicable, in the airplane, I use a setup with a cheap bluetooth device (not really a splitter required here?), which receives audio from my phone/ipad and sends it via the 3.5 mm jack in the panel that connects to the intercom (or to my car hifi, in the car case). I charge the device via the 12V outlet (permanently plugged in). Works quite well.

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message