Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus N745AJ deploys parachute in Denmark

Mmmh… my danish ain’t what it used to be… and I’m too lazy to use a translator
Does it say what happen and why the chute was pulled in the first place?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

The article merely says there was a German couple onboard and both looked more or less OK at first, but once delivered to the hospital, the woman was found to have sustained serious injuries. Allegedly, the two managed to get out of the plane on their own, but shortly thereafter the parachute was lifted by a gust of wind and the plane tumbled over the nose. No mention of the cause of injuries.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

ASN

Narrative:
The pilot made an emergency landing in a field near Sneslev, Sjælland, and overturned.
The aircraft was enroute to Itzehoe/Hungriger Wolf Airfield (IZE/EDHF), but lost altitude, probably due to engine problems, and was unable to divert to Ringsted Airfield (EKRS). The CAPS was activated by impact forces.
The two people on board suffered minor injuries.

Reminds me of this one. That thread resulted in one big poster here (not an SR22 owner) massively chucking his toys out of the pram and storming out (his 6th time I think), despite me reminding him that he posted an almost identical report on another SR22 accident on another site… I didn’t start this thread so I can’t be attacked for reporting it…

It is right that these are discussed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am intrigued as to what motivated use of the chute. Structural failure or control issues, or pilot incapacitation, could be good reasons. Had it just been an engine failure, the whole region is well suited to emergency landings almost everywhere, with very flat countryside, sparsely populated, decent-sized fields and not many woods or lakes. Not easy to mess up a forced landing in the area if you land into the wind.

Last Edited by huv at 21 Mar 18:54
huv
EKRK, Denmark

Yes exactly. It is usually possible to find a suitable field to land the aircraft in Denmark.

EKRK, Denmark

Looks like they had engine problems at 7kft, they did not pull the chute over water and decided to go back to land?

It was not very windy on METAR but the TAF was gusty but it’s about the point where one breaks-even between hanging on CAPS and drifting vs landing on into wind, in flat ground in good visibility & ceiling…

METAR EKRK 201750Z AUTO 10014KT 9999 NCD 05/M02 Q1039=

TAF EKRK 201401Z 2015/2024 10012KT CAVOK TEMPO 2015/2018 12018G28KT=

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Mar 19:13
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The CAPS was activated by impact forces.

This has been ammended by now:

The pilot eventually pulled the CAPS and the aircraft decended with its deployed parachute into a field.

And an apparent youtube video showing the descent on the shute:

And the aftermath

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Mar 19:42
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Is there a means for the occupants to quickly release the parachute after landing?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Looking at these videos – why on earth did they not attempt a normal landing? The area looks perfect for an off-airport touchdown.

22 Posts
Sign in to add your message