Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best flying picture(s) of 2015

Here are some more in / with the aircraft of @ermajn and friends:

Last Edited by mh at 24 Feb 10:08
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I have for some time used a Canon with a stabilised lens – it seems to do a reasonable job of eliminating some the scratches and distortion.

Great photos.

It’s difficult to get clean ones like yours through plexiglass unless one has very clean and scratch-free windows.

The M4/3 cameras are really good nowadays. I think many DSLR users would not have gone to DSLRs if they didn’t have a “history” of using them from long ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks! I usually take pictures through the storm window. I have a Olympus PEN , a Micro Four Thirds camera.
I use iPhoto on the Mac to enhance photos. Nothing fancy, just changing contrast / brightness / etc.
Some of the pictures are taken by passengers.

lenthamen wrote:

Near my home field Lelygrad EHLE

Was that the auto-correct?

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 02 Feb 09:12

@Lenthamen : Excellent pictures! Where you able to take them through the plexiglas? Did you use something like Lightroom?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Nice pictures @Lenthamen !
What kind of camera do you use?

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Some random flying pictures of 2015:

Biggin Hill:

Klagenfurt:

Shadow of a DA40:

Sail 2015 Amsterdam:

Piran:

Near my home field Lelygrad EHLE:

It’s now the 1st Feb and I have yet to get airborne in 2016. The weather has me resigned to reliving previous flights through photographs.

I can’t offer shots of aircraft carriers, so here’s my nautical offering taken whilst kayaking out at St Kilda (a magical place).

Another great destination, even in an aircraft. Sollas, North Uist.

Or, over the sea to Orkney.

The very popular Aonach Eagach Ridge offers superb scrambling in Glen Coe.

The very popular Glenforsa on Mull.

The island of Coll, with a population of around 200 has 500m of tarmac.

mh wrote:

It was the Tomark Viper LSA, it achieved FL160 and I tested it to write it into the POH

I wasn’t aware you are not only a FI but also a testpilot
FL160 is not too bad with 100HP NA although I wonder why the RPM read only 4820 on the Dynon.

EDLE
38 Posts
Sign in to add your message