Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best/cheapest handling at Le Bourget LFPB?

Any thoughts. I need to go there direct from UK for business so other Paris airports are not an option. Any ideas? And by best I guess I really mean cheapest as I need nothing other than a space to park the plane.

EGTK Oxford

Sorry, can't help too much here. My last (and only) flight to Bourget is now more than 11 years ago (unbelievable!). At the time, there was an agent called Transair/Privatair which was one of the "cheaper" ones, but it doesn't exist any longer. At the time, it cost about 200 Euros IIRC.

On you-fly.com there is one other pilot's note from 2010, suggesting that Escadrille Mercure is one of the cheaper ones. Interestingly, Jeppesen does not list the available agents as they normally do for the big airports. But you can find such a list here. Intuitively, I would say you should also check with Landmark and Universal.

Anyways, when you get quotes, make sure you let them know you want the most basic handling available (no red carpets, etc.)

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It might be more effective to look for a commercial flight. Paris is rather GA unfriendly but very well connected by public transport.

I need the plane for the rest of the trip. And I try to use it whenever I can. I have little interest in fighting queues at a commercial airport.

EGTK Oxford

I fly to Le Bourget quite often, but I'm afraid I can't help much because I don't know how much the handling agents charge us. Our company gets an invoice which is then forwarded to the client... We use Signature or Universal depending on our clients choice, from the pilot's point of view there is not much difference. Universal is in closer walking distance to the museum and the restaurants. But I remember that on pprune, maybe a year ago, my former colleague "His Dudeness" suggested another handling agent that is cheaper and better. Maybe it's worth searching for that thread.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Looking at a couple of the agents, the answer to my question is that they are almost all the same. Didn't bother with Signature as they are usually the most expensive. Competition alive and well...

Any tips for flying in there? Seems like you get transitioned to CDG SIDs and STARs.

EGTK Oxford

The Paris airports often share their SIDs and STARs.

There is usually a note to that effect as a cryptic one-liner deep in the airport's AIP which can be found on the SIA site.

When I went to Pontoise (back in the days when one still could - it had Customs) the departure clearance included a Le Bourget SID, which I obviously didn't have. Potentially therefore you need approx 500 pages of terminal charts printed out, or have them in an electronic form!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We're all interested, give us broad idea of the numbers...landing, basic handling and one night parking...

€700 - it is truly astonishing. Asked three for quotes, all within €20 of each other. Handling and parking are the killer along with €100 for security.

EGTK Oxford

Thanks. That's the ballpark figure I had in the back of my mind. It's a shame tht Tousus no longer has Customs. Sure shifted some traffic to Boourget...

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message