Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aspen glass cockpit for $5000

There is now a VFR entry model which can be upgraded to the full system including synthetic vision.

Aspen VFR glass cockpit

That is a hard to beat deal. Instead of an EHSI, there is just a CDI. Installation costs are usually significant.

And can be upgraded to the full EFD1000 Pro model, only for the price difference between the EFD1000 Pro and 1000VFR.

The EFD installation is simpeler than most other glass panels, no need to cut the panel for example, which makes the installation cost for any EFD significant less than other glass panels.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Out of curiosity, what is the installation cost for a EFD1000? Let’s assume a “typical” setup with eg. two 430’s already installed.

Last Edited by blueline at 14 Mar 20:20
LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

To give you an idea, it would be about 3-4 days for unpressurized aircraft with good access to get cables to the rear (Piper Warrior / Cessna 172 / Socata TB)

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

what exactly is the difference between this new VFR unit and the former EFD1000 Pilot?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It features a CDI, which the EFD1000 Pilot does not. The EFD1000 features an HSI.

-Also options, suchs a A/P interface and hazard awareness, as wel as upgrade to 1000 Pro are available for the 1000VFR, these options are not available for 1000 Pilot.

EFD1000 VFR Brochure
EFD1000 product comparison

Last Edited by Jesse at 15 Mar 18:39
JP-Avionics
EHMZ

The big issue is the paperwork. My exact aircraft model is not on the AML STC so it’s prohibitively expensive.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Sorry Neil,

Is yours the Slingsby? I have request to add that, on the next update, if not please let me know.

Last Edited by Jesse at 15 Mar 19:59
JP-Avionics
EHMZ

The big issue is the paperwork. My exact aircraft model is not on the AML STC so it’s prohibitively expensive.

Same with us (Socata ST-10).

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Same with us (Socata ST-10).

The Socata ST-10 doesn’t seem to have a valid type certificate, so that might be the problem. It seems on has to go to EASA for changes, however it might be possible to request information at French DGCA as well, as they seem to responsible for AD’s etc on that type now. The might be also able to approve changes.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message