Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another crazy airport - Rouen LFOP - wants PN via AFTN (or nonexistent FAX)

Following on from Crazy Caen and its prison sentence threat we now have Crazy Rouen:

Almost nobody has the capability to transmit via the AFTN. A handful of UK pilots got the AFPEX tool back in 2010 but since it is almost completely unusable, most have dropped it long ago.

And any bets on the fax machine being on the premises, let alone having paper in it? I would do well on that bet, since I have just dialled the number so I know the answer

There is a phone number but most French airport police offices hang up as soon as they hear a foreign language, especially English

Does anyone know what is the reason behind these galactic-scale cockups in airport “management”?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As per the NOTAM, customs request can be done via email to the Ops department. I can vouch that successfully worked for me a couple of weeks back.

Last Edited by Dino at 10 Jun 17:20

I would not compare Rouen to Caen, they sit on different galaxies

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Peter, you can just add LFOPXHAX to the recipients of your FPL in autorouter or EuroFPL and that will cover the request in the AIP.

ELLX

But NOTAM trumps AIP. Hence, the FPL thing won‘t do the trick any more…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This reminds me of the joke:

“Sorry, there is no fax where I live”
“Oh.. where do you live?”
“In the year 2022, Susan”

Berlin, Germany

the FPL thing won‘t do the trick any more

Did it ever?

The notam contains an email address

The Q one should ask is how can someone create an AIP entry asking pilots to use the AFTN or fax, in the year 2022?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message