Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Algeria + Tunisia - VFR permits

I just want to say thank you all for all the helpful answers. Will update my trip here, so others can find new information here. So far I contacted White Rose Aviation, they look really helpful and willing to do more flights in one country for one fee, which sounds nice to me, because I plan to visit multiple airports in each country. I am also working on my time plans right now. Again, if you want to do Algerian / Tunisian meetup, let’s do it :) :-) About the fuel – I checked it multiple times and it seems big problem to get anything else than JET A, so I decided to take DA40, which runs on it. Avgas looks nearly impossible to get. Also their JET A is sometimes without antifreeze components. @AeroPlus – thanks as well, I just purchased your book, will read it during weekend time. @terbang – please, do you recall how much was average landing fees? Your trip looks incredible, my plan is similar, but little smaller :-)

life is like a chess
LZIB, Slovakia

I just checked: Djerba was really cheap, around 17 Euros. Algiers was not too expensive either, 75 Euros all together. This was for airway fees and the bus to the terminal, landing was free! But as has been said, these things change quickly.

Fuel prices were at an all time high at the time. We paid less than two Euros per liter of Avgas in DAAG what was rather good. No Avgas in Djerba and I don’t know about Jet A.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message