Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airworthiness validity (reg transfer Finland to Cyprus)

I have recently buy a single engine Arrow IV in Finland. My initial intent was to keep the registration but for that I would have to have the home base in Finland. Since the aircraft will have his base in Cyprus, I have decided to register it there.
After going through the conditions and necessary documents, 2 things were clear, I can not register in Cyprus before de register from Finland, and the aircraft would have to go through a technical inspection in Cyprus. Also, one cannot prove if there is any leans I.e. VAT, without the deregistration, Finisih authorities do not issue a separate document for it and only releases the deregistration document if the aircraft if free of any tax.
We proceed with the deregistration in order to enter with the papers in Cyprus. With the documents, I have included the certificate of airworthiness and the ARC from a CAMO. Like that I was hoping to avoid the inspection and getting the registration and ferry the airplane to Cyprus. I was wrong, and now I have a problem, a ‘no men land’ airplane parked with no registration.

My question is: is there an EASA regulation that defines ARC done by a CAMO as acceptable in all cases by EASA participant countries?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Luis

LPSR, Portugal

Nobody picked up on this one…

What is the solution in this “aircraft in limbo” situation?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I doubt it can not on Finish registered? I think at least two of them are flying based in the Netherlands. Sometimes you need an holder in a certain countries. For example with PH-Reg you would need an holder in the Netherlands. There are companies offering such services, though sometimes on get something arranged.

I would discuss this with both authorities. Your current paperwork likely has a time limit, if that expires you have a real issue.

Are you sure that inspection needs to be done in Cyprus versus getting can Cyprus CAMO to do this Finland?

lmsl1967 wrote:

is there an EASA regulation that defines ARC done by a CAMO as acceptable in all cases by EASA participant countries?

An ARC from a foreign CAMO in general is not sufficient. In the Netherlands this import inspection must be done by a Dutch CAMO, or in some cases (new aircraft type of registration for example)

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

You can’t fight bureaucracy, so go with the flow. I’d be inclined to pack it into a shipping container and re-assemble it in Cyprus. There are people like Erik van Veenen who know the light airplane shipping business.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jesse wrote:

For example with PH-Reg you would need an holder in the Netherlands

Are you able to quote the reason behind this statement please? If you mean a PH registered aircraft needs Dutch resident as owner then I do not believe that is the case.
Thanks

Last Edited by Fenland_Flyer at 20 Jan 08:38
UK, United Kingdom

Do a search on
dutch AND mailbox
(AND has to be uppercase)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I recently moved an AC registered in France to Poland. This is how it went:

1. Flew on F-reg to Poland
2. Deregistered in France
3. Polish inspector looked at the aircraft, crossed out old French registration from ARC, wrote new Polish registration next to it and put his stamp.

I understand you deregistered before flying from Finland to Cyprus. I’m guessing that you will need to bring inspector to the aircraft with an airline ticket or the aircraft to inspector with a flight permit.

LPFR, Poland

Fenland_Flyer wrote:

If you mean a PH registered aircraft needs Dutch resident as owner then I do not believe that is the case.

No, owner and holder are two different things. The owners owns the aircraft and could live anywhere, the holders as a representative for the owner for national CAA (communication / forms / address etc are all in Dutch) and must reside in The Netherlands as far as I am aware. (This is not part of my job).

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

loco wrote:

I understand you deregistered before flying from Finland to Cyprus. I’m guessing that you will need to bring inspector to the aircraft with an airline ticket or the aircraft to inspector with a flight permit.

I think the situation as descriped by loco is the normal procedure. And would guess his suggestion is right.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Jesse
I own and use (solely) an aircraft in the UK which is registered in another EU country and have no problems. I communicate sometimes directly with the CAA of that country without difficulty. I do employ someone in that country to manage the paperwork because their language is not my first language and mistakes are less likely. There is no requirement for me to have a resident “holder”. Hope this is of help to others.

UK, United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message