Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After 450 hours, last flight in it for me...

Jacko wrote:

I heard a rumour that JC was looking for a bushplane in which to fetch his Sunday newspaper and pint of milk from the village shop,

Buying a good bush plane seems harder than finding a jet….

EGTK Oxford

The PC-6 might land shorter.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Did you sell privately or through a broker? In Linz beginnts (in linz it begins), keep us posted on the new acquisition please ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Did you sell privately or through a broker? In Linz beginnts (in linz it begins), keep us posted on the new acquisition please ;)

Yes JetAviva on my side and Alex Pitchler represented buyer.

EGTK Oxford

CJ3 doesn’t have a Garmin panel it is Proline 21.

Well, the CJ3+ does, but I guess that’s not in the stars then?
The CJ3 is a fantastic aircraft in so many ways it’s difficult to motivate replacing it with anything at all, if you’re planning on going SP.
But, in the case of the one I fly, it needs some upgrades to meet the ADS-B requirement and isn’t LPV capable in current form.
So, the question is what to replace it with. CJ3+, CJ4, Phenom 300? Or, perhaps just upgrade to Proline Fusion.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

When you want an Single Pilot jet the top of the tree is the CJ4 or Phenom 300.
But the biggest and fastest is not always where you need to be

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

This is my fear looking into the market from a miser’s point of view: heard just too many stories about eye-gouging costs in the Proline and integrated Garmin world just to upgrade them to WAAS or ADS-B. Like $100K eye gouges. Like the later Beechcraft models where the G1000 is part of the TC and the responsibility of Beechcraft Hawker. They have no clear upgrade path to ADS-B as of now. And when they do, because it’s Beech, it will cost a lot of money. With glass, and especially if it’s part of the TC, you’re a little bit at the mercy of the manufacturer.

A good example is the original Citation Jet. It performs like the later CJ1’s (actually better, as it’s lighter), CJ1+’s, but it has steam, more or less. Chuck some GTN’s in there and you have a pretty economical path to a modern panel. Go to a CJ1 or CJ1+, and the upgrade path gets more complex and more expensive. No real performance difference otherwise.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 01 Nov 11:59

AdamFrisch wrote:

A good example is the original Citation Jet. It performs like the later CJ1’s (actually better, as it’s lighter), CJ1+’s, but it has steam, more or less. Chuck some GTN’s in there and you have a pretty economical path to a modern panel. Go to a CJ1 or CJ1+, and the upgrade path gets more complex and more expensive. No real performance difference otherwise.

Having flown both original CJ and the later plus aircraft I can assure you that you are wrong, the aircraft have been significantly improved over the iterations.
The CJ1+ has 300lb more useful load the Clasic CJ, climbs to FL410 in 32 mins rather than 59 mins, and is faster. The difference in capability and simplicity of operation is considerably enhanced by the Proline 21 and the Fadec engines. Thrust attenuators are deleted, a maintenance and weight saving.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Thanks for the correction, Neil. Just to clarify I was comparing the CJ to the CJ1, not the CJ1+. I could be wrong but as I understand it the CJ is lighter than the CJ1, and has same thrust. All they did was upgrade to EFIS. The CJ1+ has more powerful engines and like you said should perform better.

my guess is Phenom 300…got it?

LILC, Italy
Sign in to add your message