Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SR22 operating costs

SR22 posts moved out of the TBM etc thread

… when the realistic cost per hour for my SR22 (in Europe) is more like € 350 per hour. Okay, that’s for a very well maintained airplane and I really repair everything that breaks and change the recommended parts. And I do only owner assisted maintenance and do small repairs myself. But still …

What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

Not flying much

I normally dislike useless one-liners but that’s probably the biggest reason. The next would would be

The # of hours per year is the biggest factor with all planes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You live in Europe!

Well, I fly 130 to 150 hours per year, that’s about 10 times as much as the average german private pilot ….

Yes, the SR22 is a little more expensive than a comparable airplane, but not much.

I do NOT take it to a Cirrus dealer but do all maintenance at my field, owner assisted with a little shop.

The main reason it’s so expensive is that I’m not lying about the real cost ;-) Maybe because my wife doesn’t care :-)

Yes, it’s G-reg. But if you want to maintain it according to the recommendations that difference is not too big.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 11 Nov 15:02

Alexis, be honest: with all the gadgets / mods etc. you have bought since June 2013, I bet your hourly cost so far was well north of 1000 Euros…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Flyer59 wrote:

when the realistic cost per hour for my SR22 (in Europe) is more like € 350 per hour

Adding 30 €/hr to that amount gets you a second engine. Don’t ask how I know.

LFPT, LFPN

Bosco: right, the extras are not included, but it actually not THAT bad :-)

Can you post your costs over say the past 12 months, Flyer59?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, I can, just have to find a little time! I have a complete Excel …

287 Posts
Sign in to add your message