Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why has the SR22 been such a success?

Getting airborne in the Cardinal. Actually a very nice strip if a tad dusty. Took awhile to get the red dust off her again.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Bloomer wrote:

Rwy20; do you have a link to the accident report to that Video of the Mooney accident?

This is all I could find from an official source: http://www.caa.govt.nz/Script/Accident_Details.asp?Oc=11/5074

The poster of the video wrote the following in a comment: “Yes it was the Johnson bar. properly not clicked in or warn. The pilot noticed slipping out and tried to hold the bar however the bumpy ground got the better and ripped his hand open , and then trouble”

@flyer59

Yes we must convert them all the to “the ways of the Cirrus” (just kidding guys)

Is the rest of the Cirrus cockpit still for sale? I would be interested if you can supply contact info.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

The hull you mean? Yes, but no interior or avionics. You should contact Stuart Vincent @ RGV, eMail is [email protected]

(;-))

Ok thanks. I know Stuart well.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Fuji_Abound wrote:

I dont entirely understand why retractable u/c isnt designed more often with unmade runways in mind after all there are enough of them.

C210s are the workhorses in large parts of Africa (and to a lesser extent Australia) and fly in and out of dirt strips all the time, quite often way beyond MTOW. The gear does need regular TLC, though…..

172driver wrote:

C210s are the workhorses in large parts of Africa (and to a lesser extent Australia) and fly in and out of dirt strips all the time, quite often way beyond MTOW. The gear does need regular TLC, though…..

I’ve owned 2 Centurions and sold both to South America. No, the gear does not need regular TLC, in fact it is very robust. The problem is the mechanics do not service them correctly or at all for that matter !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

It was suggested that the Lancair Columbia / Ttx has a smallish cabin.

Well, yesterday I delivered a full size Hartzell 2 blade prop for a SR20 in the South of France .

Not sure you can do this with a Cirrus or TB20 :

Last Edited by Michael at 20 Oct 07:14
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Nixw job.
Sure you can, and in the Cirrus the prop would even have some daylight ;-)

The TTx does not have a “smallish” cabin, but one that’s smaller than the SR22s, and especially much less legroom for the backseat passengers.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 20 Oct 07:18

What a mess

EDLE
Sign in to add your message