Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

N-reg ?

EBST, Belgium

Guernsey.

LPFR, Poland

Then I saw it @ EDNY :-)

EBST, Belgium

They must have done a lot of stops from Duluth, considering its bad range…

I will know soon how many. My friends are going to bring one to ZRH.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Overall seems realistic but some comments for example on full fuel payload of other jets is off.

A good summary of getting a type rating.

Interesting points.

• approx 450lbs full fuel payload (payload includes crew). Mustang is more like 825lbs.
  • 300-310 knots at 270/280
  • in icing you must use TKS on windshield to avoid ice buildup that could go into engine.
  • one DPE for Cirrus in US and they work for Cirrus.
  • 70-75gph fuel burn. With full fuel about 4 hours to empty.
  • Cirrus sells maintenance including training and warranty for 3 years at $370/hr. reckons wet cost $700-800/hr.

Overall seems a nice small jet but confirm that it is in a very different class from even say the Eclipses.

EGTK Oxford

Apart from the facts Jason mentioned this video was
very revealing between the lines. Klappmeier once said in an interview that „Cirrus is not an aircraft company, it’s a lifestyle company“. After seeing this video it makes perfect sense. Cirrus offers the „next step“ and people pay for it. Quote: „I wanted to be a jet pilot“. It’s not about a mission profile that necessitates a jet, it’s about buying the jet first and then downsizing the mission profile to fit. The main selling point is to be able to say „I’m a jet pilot“.
I bet everyone in that room would step up from their piston singles in a heartbeat if financially able. And that’s how Cirrus works and works well.
It’s a really nice toy. A jet at last but not an honest one.

always learning
LO__, Austria

This plane has certainly drawn a lot of attention, at 667 posts so far and nobody here having evidently bought one (had one delivered)

The famous Mooney thread only got to 551 posts, although to be fair that was after an attempt to flood it by someone was cleaned up

I wonder if the guy here who held several Cirrus Jet options has still got them? At which point would you be able to sell them? Presumably only when production is up and running and has been for a while; I would think nobody would want S/N 0001 of any product, but I could well be wrong…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I wonder if the guy here who held several Cirrus Jet options has still got them? At which point would you be able to sell them? Presumably only when production is up and running and has been for a while; I would think nobody would want S/N 0001 of any product, but I could well be wrong…

If you watch the videos he discusses this. People have been buying them but as the production rate is 2-3/month you would have a long wait. The other issue is getting the type rating. Forgetting options, buying an aircraft in the secondary market would also seem problematic as there are no type rating slots available as Cirrus is busy with new aircraft owners.

EGTK Oxford

@Snoopy
Someone should tell them there’s a cheaper option!

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message