Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Move a Swedish Cessna 182P to G-reg (Cessna SID issue)?

@wsmempson: Part M and the AMC contain more meat than “take into account”. It is hard to summarize but I suggest everybody interested to read the law text. With the text as it stands, it is very difficult to justify a statement like the CAA made. In case something happens, it can become a huge liability problem for the people that decided that this whole thing can be ignored. I applaud the CAA for putting their neck out. EASA with their statement are just embarrassing. They play no part in approving maintenance programs, it’s the CAAs that do and that have to decide which risk and owner responsibility is acceptable. When something happens, the authorization to ignore the SID will be signed by a CAA employee.

I am absolutely not suggesting that the SIDs should be mandatory, I just realize that the current law suggests they have to be, at least to a certain degree. The right step would be to shred this dreaded Part M or at least band aid it quickly but that has to follow the f*cked up EU legislation process.

Last Edited by achimha at 02 May 08:40

Any help appriciated

I’m a private owner of Cessna 182TR build in 1979,(registered and serviced in Slovakia)… I was told by my service to except SID control in my next annual (which is going to be in february 2015). What I read so far, there is a chance to avoid this hassle by re-registering the plane to UK? Does anybody have some advice and experiance with that please?

Thanks, Rado

Rado,

I’m doing the very same thing with exactly the same airplane right now. I have helped others to do it in the past and it is easy. The only thing that is important: you have to complete the process before your current Slovakian ARC runs out. If it runs out, you have a real problem. Also you need a CAP 766 filled out by your existing Part 145 with information from the last annual. The rest is very simple: fill out the application and get all documents (they tell you which ones you need), unregister your aircraft in Slovakia and provide a confirmation and then send everything to the CAA. They are very friendly and helpful.

Yep! I can confirm that dealing with the CAA is easy. My SR22 is G-registered aswell.

Thanks for your fast reply…

I will have to check it up…Also my ARC is walid till march2015 its better asap. Do you know what kind of regulation does CAA UK have? I mean if I still would be able to do the servis in Slovakia. There should be some diferencies aboult the servisprogram, but unless they wont change something, we should be fine…Also do you have rougly some calculation how much it should cost?
Thanks

You can do everything in Slovakia, your aircraft never has to fly to the UK. Your Part 145 has to do the maintenance and checks according to CAP 747 and CAP 766 (your maintenance program) and send the ARC to London instead of Bratislava. Nothing will be more difficult provided the people involved can read/write/speak English.

Regarding cost, it should be around 1000 pounds, all payable by credit card, depending on whether you want a custom registration (I got my existing German one so I only have to put a G sticker over the D) and whether you want overnight service. I would do overnight because then they really get very responsible, call you, email you, etc.

PS: an acquaintance did the SIDs. 20k€, 3 months downtime and the aircraft doesn’t fly straight anymore. Last thing I’d ever do to my poor aircraft whose technical state is very well known to me.

Last Edited by achimha at 22 Oct 12:13

Looks too easy to be true

I totaly agree with you about the SID… I too does’t wont to sacrifice the sefety of the aircraft, but there is so much other useless stuff involved besides the cost… I will defenetly inform you about the progress later on, and if I would have some other question to help with…
Thanks

Some things can take a while, but registration is straight forward.
I’m still fighting to get a new noise certificate after prop change

United Kingdom

The SID’s are a good idea as long as the checks are done in a way preportonate to the current state of the aircraft, and this is what the UK CAA are trying to achive.

The UK has a long political objection to being told what to do by big Govenment and sees the individual’s right to act responsibly within the law as paramount, this is why the individual certifying the aircraft is given the power to decide just how much of the SID’s check is appropriate for that individual aircraft rather than the European super state officals who would not know a Cessna if it bit them in the ass deciding to mandate the whole of a program in a disproportionate way.

If you have an undermaintaned death trap moving it to the UK register is not going to be any cheaper than staying were you are, if you have a well maintained aircraft with a good service history you will save some money.

My own thought is I would move any IFR type off the German register just to avoid the utterly stupid IFR certificate that requires the serial numbers of individual radio boxes, do a box swap of exactly that same unit and you can’t fly IFR until the paperwork catches up ( this can take weeks I am told)……… That is the worst bit of big govenment stupidity I have seen.

move any IFR type off the German register just to avoid the utterly stupid IFR certificate that requires the serial numbers of individual radio boxes, do a box swap of exactly that same unit and you can’t fly IFR until the paperwork catches up ( this can take weeks I am told)……… That is the worst bit of big govenment stupidity I have seen.

Only it’s not true. You can swap boxes with an entry in the logbook, like on any other register. The requirements for avionics checks are the same in all EASA countries, just the prices differ. The IFR/VFR/CVFR checkbox only shows if this equipment meets the requirements of German airspace. Whether you can fly IFR is up to the TCDS of the aircraft, the pilot rating and the equipment for the specific airspace and procedure. A G-reg overflying Germany needs to meet the same requirements as a D-reg stationed there.

Sign in to add your message