Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GAMA figures for 2022... always interesting

Here.

Cirrus did 90 SF50s. Not so bad.
56 TBMs only. That’s a bit down from previous years, I believe.
16 DA50s.
Elixir only shipped 5 aircraft the whole year!?!
ICON still shipped 36 A5’s. I would have thought even fewer.
Pilatus still going strong!
17 Pipistrel Velis Electros only???
Tecnam doing well.
Eventually, in Q4, Beechcraft has shipped a (very) few Bonanzas again.
The PA28-181 still sells well.
The Seneca really is dead for now.
19 piston Mailbus only.
No Mooneys, Extras, Maules.

As usual, the numbers of some manufacturers (like BRM Aero and CEAPR, for example) are missing.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Feb 14:42
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Diamond DA42 – 45, DA62 – 53 and if you order now, delivery is 2025 or later. That’s serious lack of production capacity.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks. It would be interesting to see the numbers in relation to their output capacity. But that’s probably not available. :)

ESSZ, Sweden

It looks to me like 25 Extras. And 23 GameBirds which is not too bad for an unestablished aerobatic design.

241 Cessna piston engined singles… of which most were C172s. More than Piper, more than Tecnam, almost double Diamond singles. The design that just keeps going.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 24 Feb 15:29

Sorry, you are right. I somehow skipped over the entry for Extra.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Diamond deliveries are indeed 2 years out.

Interesting thing to note (from an American and aviation beginner perspective) is that the factory is Austria, AFAIK, is operating for one shift per work day, closed weekends, closed holidays, closed for 2 weeks during the summer. I know European culture and work laws can be different, etc. But when I think of factories I think of them producing more to optimise the infrastructure they have. Not the case here.

There could very well be good reasons for them to keep the capacity as it is, I have no idea about the business economics here. But the Diamond factory isn’t operating at full tilt like one would imagine one in USA or China.

Norway

The more people are paid, the less they work

I agree it is completely stupid to have an order book like that and not just make the stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

sedatedokc wrote:

Interesting thing to note (from an American and aviation beginner perspective) is that the factory is Austria, AFAIK, is operating for one shift per work day, closed weekends, closed holidays, closed for 2 weeks during the summer. I know European culture and work laws can be different, etc. But when I think of factories I think of them producing more to optimise the infrastructure they have. Not the case here.

European culture and work laws certainly don’t prevent working round the clock if it is economically viable. Car makers like VW, BMW, Mercedes etc. all have their German factories operating 24/7 afaik.
Diamond either cannot find enough qualified staff (labour shortage) or don’t want to pay people working on weekends and at night which usually includes paying surcharges to the workers.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Diamond either cannot find enough qualified staff

This is the most probable reason because they constantly have open job opportunities for various positions.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

From what I hear, they aren’t a nice company to work for.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message