Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

C210 for sale - too good to be true?

Mogas is a huge sales point in Germany and the other countries which do have it.

The 210 also has a decent fuel quantity, so it may even be worth tankering at places where you get it

In Switzerland in most small airfields there is either UL91 or Mogas available. So if that engine is UL91 capable too, it is quite nice.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I would look closely at that plane if we were expecting a third child .

Why would you install a brand new wing spar ? Terrible corrosion ? So the plane must be totally corroded ?

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Why would you install a brand new wing spar ? Terrible corrosion ? So the plane must be totally corroded ?

It only takes some pitting at the wrong place and you could be beyond repair : it is a highly-stressed critical part. Just imagine the load of 10m+long wings on it at 3800lbs, 4g’s…
It may or may not be a signal of general neglect.
This airplane has obviously had a lot of money spent on it, which is not usually a sign of general neglect. A proper inspection is warranted, of course.

@Pilot_DAR would know a lot about this particular issue…

Last Edited by Antonio at 18 Feb 21:03
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Jujupilote wrote:

The two issues don’t necessarily have anything to do with each other. The wing spar in a C210 runs through the roof of the cabin and in some / many model years had some sort of foam installed beneath it. This was a terrible decision on behalf of Cessna engineering, as that foam soaks up moisture which in turn can lead to corrosion of the wing spar. To make it worse, that foam was glued to the spar, so you had to rip it out to inspect the spar. The issue wasn’t widely understood for years and you can have a perfectly maintained C210 with a corroded spar. I vividly recall the collective breath-holding in our club when we did the inspection. It passed… That episode is also where I get the +/- $80k figure for a new spar from, as that’s what the shop quoted us for a replacement in case it wouldn’t pass. I am somewhat surprised as to why the airplane in this ad had the work (and everything else) done as AFAIK a C210 with a failed spar inspection typically is scrapped or parted out.

Price reduced to 119 k +VAT

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Would be interesting to hear what trouble she makes.

Won’t trade in my steed, heck no. Only out of curiosity.

Germany

It seems that a significant amount of information has gradually been removed from the ad.

26-01-2023: planecheck_N5767J_55381_pdf
16-02-2023: C210planecheck_2_pdf
06-03-2023: C210_Centurion_pdf

ESME, ESMS

Hilarious

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sounds like an almost non-sellable item. Donation option?

I am a bit surprised anybody is still willing to pay the bloody maintenance bills for such aircraft …

A rare Autofuel example experiment, wing spars changed, crack in crankcase, damage history … uh-uh. The extensive list of work done reads as if somebody meant to fetch up quite some abuse over years and found out it is not worth it? Abandoned the project to revive an almost beaten to death bird? Underestimated the extreme costs to get an old aircraft to newer standards? Found out non-pressurized in that class is sub-optimal? Somebody willing to throw the next conspiracy aluminium hat?

Last Edited by MichaLSA at 08 Mar 07:39
Germany

Dimme wrote:

It seems that a significant amount of information has gradually been removed from the ad.

I don’t see that? What information? But the most interesting thing is that in the last update to the ad, the aircraft is suddenly “VAT free”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message