Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Syberjet SJ30

Im interested in your thoughts on the Syberjet SJ30. On paper it seems like the ultimate private pilot machine:

• M.83 cruise
  • 12 psi cabin differential (sea level cabin at 40k ft)
  • 2500NM range
  • 49000ft ceiling

There have been a few sold around 2010 and they’re still flying. The company is advertising SJ30i with new avionics to be delivered in 2023 and SJ30x with better engines in 2024. It doesn’t hold an EASA type certificate but maybe it could go on M-reg with the FAA cert?

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

It doesn’t hold an EASA type certificate but maybe it could go on M-reg with the FAA cert?

This is definitely possible. That’s how the airplane I fly is.
If you need info on the M-reg let me know.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I’d be wary about tying up CJ4 levels of capex in such a niche airplane. Support and all that. The design has been around for a long time, the company has changed hands frequently and assets were last purchased for 3.5m US, so about a third of the product price. There must be a reason why aviation is mostly conservative.

always learning
LO__, Austria

An interesting design but with a very limited market. My personal summary would be:

- Very small cabin like a Cessna Mustang or early Lear. Unknown but probably very limited bathroom situation.
- Outstanding range. Seems to be the most range for a non modified single pilot jet. The only other single pilot off the shelf airplane with such range seems to be the latest entended range King Air.
- Outstanding speed
- Poor runway capability
- Uncertain product support, flight training, resale etc. situation with such a low volume product.

My personal conclusion is that only a pilot owner would put up with that cabin. Paying customers flying such long flights will want a bigger passenger cabin.
Range is great but you pay a high price only beeing able to operate on long runways. So unless based in the Pacific or flying trans Atlantic all the time having a little less range in a PC24 and then beeing able to land so many more places seems to be the better deal. And if you only need the range once a year or so some other plane with a ferry tank solution might be easier.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

The futur Honda 2600 is supposed to have 2600nm of range. I did not find if they are planning to certify it single pilot…
If they do, Embraer and Pilatus will need to work on their aircraft to extend their range and stay competitive

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

https://www.hondajet.com/en/Products/HondaJet-2600-Concept

Poor chemical toilet :)

This market segment is aimed at around 1200nm NBAA IFR reserves, not sure the demand is there from owner/passengers to sit in the cabin for up to five hours.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Unknown but probably very limited bathroom situation.

Here’s a cutaway I found. Toilet is between pilot seats and the aft club. There’s sliding doors for it too.

Range is great but you pay a high price only beeing able to operate on long runways. So unless based in the Pacific or flying trans Atlantic all the time having a little less range in a PC24 and then beeing able to land so many more places seems to be the better deal. And if you only need the range once a year or so some other plane with a ferry tank solution might be easier.

I fly a specific city pair, 1400NM, but against the wind and with help of Eurocontrol it can be maybe 1800NAM. My Lear can make it on HSC, but I don’t see any single pilot airplane that could fly it without degrading to LRC or requiring a fuel stop.

Last Edited by loco at 07 Aug 18:33
LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

I fly a specific city pair, 1400NM, but against the wind and with help of Eurocontrol it can be maybe 1800NAM. My Lear can make it on HSC, but I don’t see any single pilot airplane that could fly it without degrading to LRC or requiring a fuel stop.

@loco, what about Cessna CJ3+/CJ4+? Wikipedia says the range is in excess of 2000nm.
And those are supposed to be SPA-approved.

EGTR

Missed the most popular plane. Thanks.

LPFR, Poland

Same as Phenom 300 and PC-24. All 2000nm, all SP.

Germany
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message