Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Used Cirrus price development

Wanted to share with you guys a data point in used aircraft prices. In 2011 I bought a new SR22T for k€ 635 including VAT. In 2017 it was sold for k€ 445. It is on the market now, being advertised for k€ 595. I find this quite extraordinary, and remains to be seen for it will eventually be sold.

Cirrus SR22T G2 N552AM

In general aircraft prices have risen quite a bit over a year in Euro’s. Most of it due to the decline of the Euro against the US Dollar.

Last Edited by dutchTraveler at 26 Jul 18:22
EHBD, Netherlands

Wow love these fotos, what a degree of perfection to advertise an airplane!

Other than that thanks for sharing the insight! Looks like the plane was factory stock, which is, without any investment in avionics. Next datapoint would be the actual sale price

Germany

The plane was bought at list price back in 2011. Dollar to Euro was around 1.34 ($ 850.000). Delivery times were counted weeks as opposed to years now.
Not sure what you mean by factory stock without any investment in avionics?

EHBD, Netherlands

dutchTraveler wrote:

Not sure what you mean by factory stock without any investment in avionics?

I mean that no new avionics was installed since new 2011. For example, if a significant avionics upgrade would have been done this for sure has an impact on sale price. Some years ago an old airframe typically gained most of its value from the cockpit instruments. But it looks like an airframe as such has a value again.

Germany

I’m not aware of a upgrade path for a factory installed G1000 installation, other then maybe an upgrade to a G1000Nxi. So most likely no investment done after the factory delivery that warrants this spectacular price.

EHBD, Netherlands

I am not surprised. Used aircraft prices have been crazy high the last couple of years. Especially for high end GA.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I bought my Lear in June 2020, when covid fear was high. Few people were flying back then. It had 800 hours and I flew it for 600 more. Today I have brokers actively seeking my aircraft, sending offers 33% higher in USD than what I paid two years earlier. Counting currency fluctuations, it would be closer to 50%. I don’t think it will last forever. There’s staff shortage at airports and people who can afford it, prefer to fly private. There have been peaks like that in the past. I recommend this video:

Last Edited by loco at 28 Jul 09:23
LPFR, Poland

Good video – thank you for posting it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m not aware of a upgrade path for a factory installed G1000 installation, other then maybe an upgrade to a G1000Nxi.

There’s no upgrade path from legacy G1000 to NXi for Cirrus. Very few airframes offer such possibility.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Here is one for sale …. Avpro Jets .. no wonder it such a price

United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message