Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna 150

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Pilot_DAR! That’s horrible. We’ve had rats too – in the house, no kidding. Another story…

The “priming after joining” is quite common in GA actually However I would argue that joints should be filled with PR1422 (or similar 2-pack sealant) but nobody will do that because you probably have to modify the workflow to get it all together before the stuff goes off. I specified that on things like backling plates for antennae, but they always got out of actually doing it. Only my A&P did it. At least they should use Duralac.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I mostly flew the 152 and very little the 150.
I have warm feelings towards the 150/152 class. To the contrary to many here, I hope to fly them again some day
Sometime, I think I should have bought one right after taking a job and improving it while I lived at my parent’s place. But it would have been a bit disordered.

My only criticism is that, tall as I am, my legs are horizontal when I sit in those planes. It curbs my back and hurts after 1 hour or 2.

Pilot_DAR wrote:

And, in mine, I flew my wife, a little baggage and two Brompton Bicycles from Toronto the Bahamas for a week, within the W&B.

Wow, a dream come true

LFOU, France

Pilot_DAR wrote:

Yes, the inside of the fuselage was primed end to end – nice. But it appears that the priming was done after assembly, so the mating areas were bare when the bulkheads were removed – hardly effective for corrosion protection!

Wow. I really did not know that.

Pilot_DAR wrote:

In hindsight, it would be worth it for longevity, whether you put it on floats or not!

It should be standard.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This was my first airplane. Built ca 1988.

W&B was always a little bit tricky because the paint scheme required at least two layers of paint and the plane thus got quite heavy. I flew it once or twice (without a license!) but the landings were always nose wheel first so I stopped flying it. A shame because the huge prop almost catapulted it into the air. A rather unique feature on a Cessna SEP. It wasn’t totally immune to hangar rash but nothing compared to the 150 in which I officially soloed 30 years later. I still own it and still can’t fly it because I lack the required FAA license.

EDQH, Germany

love it!

Well, very much by conincidence, just a month after this OP, I had the the chance to satisfy my lust for some C150 flying again…. at GCLB…

Don‘t understand how these old 150s withstand the permanent salty wind here in the Atlantic for so many years….anyway, it did‘t fall apart…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 14 Feb 14:30
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Wow. That one looks really well cared for and also quite nicely equipped.

I love El Berriel. Nice airfield in a great position.

I bought this form the senior mechanic at KHQZ its an H series
purchased it so my son could get his license despite its age is a delight to fly, my current A+P owns it and has replaced most components and looks great except needs a new paint job

KHQZ, United States
59 Posts
Sign in to add your message