Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why buy a Cirrus - get a Jetprop!!

ivark wrote:

Can someone clarify the type rating part? Where I live there is a legend that Jetprop. or even pressurised Malibu are labeled “complex” and require a TR

Neither the Jetprop nor the pressurised Malibu are complex in the EASA sense. EASA defines a “complex aeroplane” as one

• with a maximum certificated take-off mass exceeding 5 700 kg, or
  • certificated for a maximum passenger seating configuration of more than nineteen, or
  • certificated for operation with a minimum crew of at least two pilots, or
  • equipped with (a) turbojet engine(s) or more than one turboprop engine
Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 06 Jan 16:18
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

aart wrote:

Are you operating her from your farm strip?

I am aart. The takeoff performance is even more astounding than I had expected. The strip is about 750m long. The takeoff roll in the Mirage used to be about 500 m. In the JP I am off in less than 400 (using short field technique), and even better I climb out of turbulence caused by trees in a couple of seconds. I dont have to be as cautious about weight in the JP either.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

Neither the Jetprop nor the pressurised Malibu are complex in the EASA sense. EASA defines a “complex aeroplane” as one

with a maximum certificated take-off mass exceeding 5 700 kg, or
certificated for a maximum passenger seating configuration of more than nineteen, or
certificated for operation with a minimum crew of at least two pilots, or
equipped with (a) turbojet engine(s) or more than one turboprop engine

And whether Complex or not a CPL is not required. I have type ratings for CE525 and Beech 200 on my EASA PPL,

Last Edited by Neil at 06 Jan 16:48
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

ivark wrote:

Can someone clarify the type rating part? Where I live there is a legend that Jetprop. or even pressurised Malibu are labeled “complex” and require a TR

That used to be the case a few years ago. Then it was changed. The piston PA46 is now a simple SEP, nothing different from a Bonanza or similar. The turbine PA46 requires a class rating. In real life it is very similar to the type rating but the PIC part is now valid 2 years. But as you have to revalidate the IR in real life there is not much of a difference (unless you renew the IR on a bigger plane and then only have a PA46 flight every 2 years).

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Can the IR not be revalidated on any single engine plane?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Can the IR not be revalidated on any single engine plane?

In EASA-land SE/IR can be revalidated on any single engine aircraft. And, of course, you get it as part of ME/IR revalidation.

Last Edited by Emir at 06 Jan 18:35
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

In EASA-land SE/IR can be revalidated on any single engine aircraft.

Same in FAA-land. The IR currency carries over between single and multi. The pax carrying 90-day rule, however, does not.

In EASA it doesn’t carry over, a box needs to be ticked on the exam form and there are experience requirements.

It only works for

Exam for / Additional reval
ME IR + SE IR
and not for
SE IR + ME IR

Last Edited by Snoopy at 06 Jan 19:04
always learning
LO__, Austria

The pax carrying 90-day rule is automatically covered if you have a Euro IR, which Brits “need” to have as of Dec 2021.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You need 3 takeoff & 3 landing in every class before flying with pax in TMG, MEP, SEP, MET, SET, TR…

For night, you are exempt with valid IR see FCL.060 (recently I was told by one night instructor that PIC holding an IR still needs 1 takeoff & 1 landing for NVFR flights with pax in their ATO aircraft, this seems like stretch or bad translation of FCL rules in their flying order book? as FCL.060 clearly exempts it)

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Jan 19:43
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message