Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Klein Vision flying car

Another one in the news today:

here

EDMB, Germany

Kind of cool but the driver is sitting so far forward this is probably not a good idea on the road. I remember at some point race cars got banned which had the drivers feet forward of the front axle.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Looks like the smartest concept yet but still very complex. I wonder what kind of crosswind limitation they will have.

ESSZ, Sweden

Are the strobe lights legal on the road…?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

We do business with Klein Vision and I saw this vehicle in their shop on two occasions. The company itself is tiny and owned by a dynasty of pilots, the Klein family. The guys are dead serious about this project and real perfectionists. They also brought this project to fruition amazingly fast compared to similar projects like Terrafugia.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Well done them. That said, is it practical? My car seems to get bumped in the parking lot about once a year. When your expensive and delicate flying car drives through the airport gate onto the streets, it’s rather vulnerable to other drivers, who may not share the sense of responsibility. When it gets dinged, both your car, and your plane are out of service while you have the airplane service facility repair it. And I’d sure be turning that prop to be horizontal while driving, so it’s less vulnerable to contact with something.

The common GA airplane manufacturers build simple, low[er] cost airplanes, in large part, to compete with each other for a small market. But a well build, adequately rugged GA airplane is no match for the street nor parking lot! I don’t know how an expensive, complex, flying car could be!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message