Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Damn that’s a clean plane for the money

This Commander seems very clean (nicely maintained) and equipped for the money.

https://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=51247
planecheck_N112AZ_51247_pdf

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks;)

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Very nice indeed.
I noted that is not the 114 with 260 HP but an 112 with only 200 HP. Turbocharged, so it will make its way at altitude, sort of, but 200 HP for take-off with an airframe this heavy is not much, and it will limit available airfields/loading significantly. Maybe that is reflected in the price.

Last Edited by huv at 30 May 14:45
huv
EKRK, Denmark

Very clean and well maintained – but running a 4 cyliner turbo without an intercooler and no engine monitor would be a red flag – 1200 hours on the motor – budget for an overhaul and get what life you can out of it.
And I will never buy another plane with that damm dual magneto -

Looks really awesome – so congrats to the seller.

With less than 30 hrs. per year for more than 40 years now, the engine is obviously the key to look at during prebuy – could be a bargain or could be a hangar queen…

Germany

Deal pending, and I will move her to Denmark next week. Will be sad to see her go, but the Marchetti will be a good replacement ;-)

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

aidanf123 wrote:

running a 4 cyliner turbo without an intercooler and no engine monitor would be a red flag

I don’t really know. I think it massively depends on the pilots.

If there is one turbo engine which has a horrible reputation it is the original Mooney 231’s Continental TSIO-360-GB. It runs hot and “never” makes TBO. Well, I’ve come across two of them in Switzerland which have made TBO without even a top overhaul, which proves about as much as a 98 old chain smoker does, but still, if you take care of such engines, they will perform.

Now, the Commander is run on a very different beast: the TO-360-C1A6D is made by Lycoming and is a carburetted O360 with a Rajay Turbocharger. Rajays usually do turbo normalizing, this one however does supercharge. Whether that makes it a manitenance nightmare as the conti, only owners can say, but reputation wise you don’t hear much about this engine, as opposed to the notorious GB.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message