Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

USA seller’s market: are we reaching Peak Cherokee

It is starting to happen in some of the other areas which have seen concurrent panic bubbles.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

concurrent panic bubbles.

What “panic bubbles”? Prices of trainer/club aircraft such as PA28 and C172 have been going up for 5 years at least.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Someone told me that one factor might be that the inflow of used GA aircraft from the U.S. is limited now due to the pandemic.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Until you are worrying about your house going down in value, I’d not fret about the aeroplane.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

WilliamF wrote:

Until you are worrying about your house going down in value,

The value of my house is defined by its utility of giving me shelter from the weather, some heating in the winter and a place to put my bbq in. How can this go down in value? The same way, the value of my plane is defined by the smile it creates on my face when I use it and it’s utility to get me to places.

In both cases there is nobody outside who could tell me what “the value” should be and almost nothing in the buy/sell market that could make the value of any of this go down.

Germany

Anyways, seems to me that at the moment it makes more sense to look at the US market and import. (I don’t know if this is possible, though)

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Does not seem to make much difference for the lower end – for Pipers the cheapest cherokee was 20K with out of hours engine, next was already 40K and quite nice. But adding to that the ferry cost + registration , I wouldn’t bother.. Of course,the choice is much bigger, but I’m not sure it makes more sense financially..

EETU, Estonia

I am looking for an IFR plane, my “dream” is a Mooney,TB-20, or similar, but in the range of 60-80k, which I am looking for it just seems hopeless to get a good deal right now.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Even a basic four by four if it is properly IFR equipped (IFR GPS WAAS, Mode S plus Standard IFR) and mid time engine I expect it is above this budget.

Some RG VFR are available for this budget, but in need of a similar investment to bring up to spec.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Is the situation really so dire? I was just randomly looking at controller.com – and yes, N-reg and located in the US, but I have found some in this range, for example an M20 below 4k total time, 1600 h TSOH, good avionics and 70k EUR posted price. The airframe not new at all, but still have few thousand in it, haven’t?

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary
Sign in to add your message