Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After years of contemplating...

Congratulations @Snoopy! I’m sure she will treat you well. I have a few hours in the 140 with the 160 stc. and it’s quite pleasant to fly. The wings make it a bit prone to bumps though. Make sure you upholster the seats with some proper dense seat foam. The old one I flew was basically the vinyl cover on the seat frame and the comfort was less than optimal :-)

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Snoopy wrote:

Yes, it has terrain display and a card in the RH slot.

Then that is the later version which requires 8Mb (vs 4Mb) nav data cards. Except for LPV approaches, it will fly most everything else with GPSS-coupled.

Yes it is Mb , not Gb (no typo)

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Thanks Antonio! Updated NAV DATA using Bad Elf.

Quick update:

First time seeing my own plane ;)

And the next day, a first short flight for some touch and goes to get acquainted. Boy is it nose heavy on landing.

Also stocked it with some gear (Controlsaver Gustlock, Navdata, Canopy Cover, Cowlplugs etc…).

Of course the first trip (IFR) with my boys was to Portoroz for a swimming daytrip ;)
1:10 to / 1:30 back. Takes a while to get up to 8000‘. ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Excellent Patrick!

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Looks like good fun in a solid plane that can last you as long as you need it, and a lot longer

Snoopy wrote:

First time seeing my own plane ;)

Lovely pictures and congrats Snoopy !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

Controlsaver Gustlock

Quick question: how do you install this? Do you have to drill a hole in the side of the throttle quadrant? Or can you remove one of the existing screws?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Well done Snoopy!

You will never regret it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Brilliant! Congratulations :)

Looks like you’ll be fight for control in a few years! Two very budding pilots coming along there!

Capitaine wrote:

Quick question: how do you install this? Do you have to drill a hole in the side of the throttle quadrant? Or can you remove one of the existing screws?

There is a little button clip to to the side of the quadrant the the cord clips to.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

@Snoopy a very noble Cherokee good to see your kids practicing multi crew :) pilot monitoring is keeping a sharp eye wondering if pilot flying is nodding off.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message