Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

We bought an early Siai Marchetti SF260

Frozentoes wrote:

Would you like me to send you a couple? Moral support if you like!.

Yes please. Great addition to the flight suit ;)

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Progress update…

Been a while since I’ve been able to post, but progress has been pretty good. Painting is close to done, except the wings. All the fairings (quite a few!), tip tanks, fuselage details, cowlings etc. has been, or is due to be painted in the next couple of days. Even if our design is quite simple, the prepping and masking just eats manhours.

Interior is ready to install, and looking good if I must say so myself. Black soft hide with grey stitching. We found a screen printing shop that has the panel in for the labelling, and is expected back next week. Then it’s all avionics for a while.

There are just endless bits and pieces left, but the major, and large components are starting to look the part (no pun intended).

Till next time.

ENEG

@norflyer did you consider to get an exemption to not to have to display the civilian registration? This is normally available for an ex military aircraft.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Looks very nice!

ESSZ, Sweden

@RobertL18C I don’t believe this one is ex-military, it had the original 60s-era civilian paint job in e.g. post 17.

Sure looks to be making progress!

Black soft hide with grey stitching.

Who did those seats? And how much are they? Gorgeous!

always learning
LO__, Austria

How is the marchetti coming along?

Belgium

Dang that looks sweeeeet. Congratulations.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Hi everyone, summer is over and we are at it again. I’m (unfortunately) not that engaged any more, due to more pressing matters, but it is coming along nicely. Will try to post an update this weekend!

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 12 Aug 06:39
ENEG

A quick update; Pardon the lack of updates the past couple of months. The project is now steaming ahead again after a long extended summer holiday. Panel has been printed, wired and installed. It was mounted today, and hopefully it won’t come off again for many years. The rest of the wiring will be done in place. Everything is painted and ready to assemble. Next up is modifying the wing joint, an SB to reinforce. Then there is a lot of wiring and assembly. Will try to post every weekend going forward :)

Cheers.

ENEG
Sign in to add your message