Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

We bought an early Siai Marchetti SF260

NorFlyer wrote:

We have come across a bit of an issue getting the panel finished. The markings! We want it printed in some sort of ink, but no one, at least locally (nationally) will take on the task. I’m afraid we’re going to end up with decals…

I’ve been down that road…..
You have a vinyl printer.
I ended up making all my own labels on a vinyl printer then after applying them having the whole panel sprayed with a matt laquer to embed them.

Forever learning
EGTB

@NorFlyer
Great job you’re doing here. I wish I could do the same! Unfortunatly I’m not a real pilot, just a PC simulator one. Maybe one day, who knows. But can I still ask you a question? I would like to build a home simulator cockpit for a SF 260 but I’m struggling to find some dimensions. If you can share some cockpit dimensions, at least from the panel, I would be very gratefull.

Belgium

Sure thing. I’ll happily share the cad drawings. Let me know what you need and what format.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Is the norway trip still in the works ?
Not sure to participate, but I guess others need to arrange their summer too.
The reason is I am not checked out by my club yet but my SEP is valid. If anyone has one or two seats to share, let me know

LFOU, France

NorFlyer wrote:

Sure thing. I’ll happily share the cad drawings. Let me know what you need and what format.

At least I would like to have the outer panel dimensions and maybe some reference dimensions on dials. Flightstick dimensions would be nice.
About the format, I don’t know what you are using as a CAD program. I have none, but there will be some viewers or conversion sites on the internet available for the most commen types of files I suppose.

Belgium

NorFlyer wrote:

We want it printed in some sort of ink, but no one, at least locally (nationally) will take on the task.

Are you after silkscreening? I cant believe it cannot be done locally.

Maybe you can try these guys or these

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Jujupilote wrote:

Is the norway trip still in the works ?

Unfortunately I think we need to plan for 2022. I do believe our borders will be shut for quite a while still. The government is very careful about allowing free travel.

FnmDevil wrote:

At least I would like to have the outer panel dimensions

I could probably send you the actual original panel if you want the classic layout in your sim.

Antonio wrote:

Are you after silkscreening?

Yes, this was our first choice. Apparently they don’t like that it’s not flat. The avionics rack is riveted in. I started looking into hydrographics yesterday and have gotten a offer from a company for about EUR 500. They assured me they could line it up properly, but I have no idea how they do it. I think we’ll let them have a go.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

NorFlyer wrote:

I could probably send you the actual original panel if you want the classic layout in your sim.

That’s a great idea, I was going for a classic layout anyway.

Belgium

Nothing specific to add, just a wonderful story to follow. WELL done and keep up the good work!

ESOW, Sweden

Hi Norflyer,
I guess you have all the parts you need for your mega restoration. I have a number of SF260 badges. Would you like me to send you a couple? Moral support if you like!.

Kirknewton EGKT and Dornoch, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message