Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

We bought an early Siai Marchetti SF260

You forget how beautiful the type is

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@RobertL18C some interesting types in that hangar!

United Kingdom

Quick update. I’m a bit overloaded with other things these days, but will try to post when we hit big milestones. Power is on now! :-)

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Awesome!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Wow!

France

impressive array of back-up to the back-up of the one already backing-up, sure looks expensive enough. It will surely be the SF260 with the most possible glassed area panel. Despite all this, said panel will be way lighter than the original steam driven clockwork. Lighter, and who cares about the cost anyway, is always better…

Nicely and professionally made. Please don’t forget to look outside, at least when flying VFR

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Any progress on your project? Looking forward
Are you allowed to change joystick grips under CS-STAN? Or what allows you to change them?

Belgium

Thanks for following up Dan.

The project has been moved to a different hangar, so I’m very little hands-on these days. Also the reason for the lack of updates.
It looks like a flying machine again, wings are on and WoW, for the first time in years. It’s been just over a year since we picked it up, so it’s about time she flies again soon :)

As for the grips, I’m not sure to be honest. I’m a mere pilot

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Are there any other SF260 projects around? Other than the 4 listed on Planecheck?

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Dear F260 enthusiasts,
Love the Norflyer restoration and very interested in your thoughts. I bought this aircraft from the states a few years ago and you can still find clips from “Dr Smoke sf260” when it was on the airshow circuit. Currently upgrading the panel etc to an improved IFR platform with G3X, GTN 650 and autopilot similar to NorFlyer.

Have any of you had a chance to compare the 3-blade MT props? I have had both and will return to the 3 -blade during maintenance, hopefully more accurate electronics can yield useful results.

Australia
Sign in to add your message