Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sling TSi

This one looks nice

One of the rare Rotax powered 4 seaters. The performance numbers seem a bit too good – do they make sense? Obviously it isn’t doing 148kt TAS at 28 litres per hour… and the payload of 460kg is amazing too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is already a thread about it. It comes from the Sling 4 which had a 914 turbo.

They were clever to be one of the first to aviate a 915.
A french company was the first to make a certified plane with the 915, with about the same specs, but they don’t care about selling them
Google APM 41.

148kt true could be doable at 20,000 feet. Remember it is a turbo.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 05 Jun 10:34
LFOU, France

I found only this one mentioning Sling.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Obviously it isn’t doing 148kt TAS at 28 litres per hour…

Surely the Mooney M20J I fly does 150TAS on 7.5Gal/h (28L/h) between 8kft-10kft on LOP economy (never looked at my TAS to be honest but it does maintain 120ias on 7.5G/h all the way to 8kft-10kft up and back with WOT & 21rpm/22rpm on cruise), the book is probably 5-10TAS higher…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Obviously it isn’t doing 148kt TAS at 28 litres per hour

With a 915, why not? A typical sleek UL does 100 knots at 10 lph.

Last Edited by LeSving at 05 Jun 10:31
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

A 2 seater, of course. Much less cockpit volume.

Administrator

Wow, nearly 148 kts TAS on 7.5 USG including the announced payload, that’s defying physics.

EDRT, ELLX, Luxembourg

Everything about that plane sounds too good to be true, but lost of videos and news stories confirm (most of?) the claims.
They did a flight non stop California to Sun&Fun, 13.5h, 1900nm.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2019/july/pilot/breaking-boundaries

EHLE, Netherlands

I remember a video from last year of a guy flying to Oshkosh in one of these and he reported something like 140-150 KTAS at 31 L/h.

I can’t find the video so I can’t confirm the numbers but I remember calculating the specific consumption and getting a worse number than a lycoming 0-320.

EDMG, Germany

Oh, and that’s the kind of stunts the factory has done for years, like trips around the world.

EHLE, Netherlands
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message