Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Wassmer Aviation

Issoire relinquished the Wasmer type certificates in 2002. They do keep the ADs, SBs and manuals here: https://www.issoire-aviation.fr/documentation-technique-en.php (select manufacturer or type from the drop-down menu). They only have 2 current EASA TCs: APM 20/30 and APM 40.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I don’t think it’s all of them which have been orphaned unless it’s been in the last couple of years.

France

It’s now Issoire Aviation but some (if not all) wassmer planes CDN have been dropped, and so they are orphaned planes. I met a guy who had (has) a CE43 and was really enjoying it, performance were close to TB20.

LFMD, France

Not strictly correct Wassmer are now Issoire Aviation manufacturers of the Lionceau, Lion and Simba. Nice aeroplanes with low.running costs. The clubs operating.them seem very happy, bit I don’t know of one owned by an individual.

France

A couple of corrections on the CE43:

CE43 Guépard(leopard)

A guépard is a cheetah
A léopard is a leopard 🤦

‘French Bonanza.’

The June Info-Pilote magazine disagrees with this analogy, saying the CE43 is slower due to a thick wing and smaller engine, but has greater range and payload. A PA32 is a better comparison, or maybe a 6-seat TB20. It’s a shame Wassmer ceased manufacturing, because with a bigger engine, club seating, and maybe de-ice, it would have been a very capable machine. Even so, there probably wasn’t a market in Europe to support volume production.

WA54 on planecheck; pdf

A WA52 on planecheck (pdf) and a WA40 on the RSA (pdf)

A German CE43 on planecheck (pdf)

A WA4/21 (the one I really like) on planecheck (pdf). The width of the cabin is apparent from the spacing of the instruments, and I’ve just noticed the engine controls have the propeller on the left and throttle in the middle.

Thanks for sharing this @Capitaine!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message