Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft affordability survey

After reading this thread and answering myself, many questions came to mind. However, I can understand that not all people want to share specific details in a public forum.

Consequently I created a survey using Google Forms with the hope of getting answers to those questions. The survey is completely anonymous, use Incognito Mode if you want to be sure that I’m not getting any clues from Google. I also recommend not responding to this thread immediately after you take the survey as I could correlate the time you posted and answered the survey and figure out who you are (not that I’m going to bother).

General results will be presented in this thread in approximately 1 week (Sunday Nov 5th). Results will be presented in such a way to not identify any individuals.

Survey

ESME, ESMS

It should be now possible to edit your answers after submission if you made a mistake.

Keep in mind that the currency assumed in the survey is Euros (EUR).

ESME, ESMS

I think you should define “disposable income”. As it stands, it can mean a lot of different things to different people.

Also, there is a difference between household disposable income and individual disposable income.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 31 Oct 08:23
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dimme wrote:

The survey is completely anonymous

In small and GA-undeveloped country like Croatia one can’t be anonymous if he/she owns an aircraft of any kind so I omitted country when filling in survey.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You fear you’re going to be next after Todorić?

Airborne_Again wrote:

I think you should define “disposable income”. As it stands, it can mean a lot of different things to different people.

Also, there is a difference between household disposable income and individual disposable income.

By disposable income I mean what ends up in your private individual pocket at the end of the year, after all taxes have been paid. I will try to clarify that a little bit.

Emir wrote:

In small and GA-undeveloped country like Croatia one can’t be anonymous if he/she owns an aircraft of any kind so I omitted country when filling in survey.

I completely understand =)

Last Edited by Dimme at 31 Oct 09:22
ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

By disposable income I mean what ends up in your private individual pocket at the end of the year, after all taxes have been paid.

Income after taxes is a perfectly reasonable definition but it does not say much of how much is left at the end of the year as that depends much on e.g. housing costs and family size. But for this “quick and dirty” survey it will do well. Thanks!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Income after taxes is a perfectly reasonable definition but it does not say much of how much is left at the end of the year as that depends much on e.g. housing costs and family size. But for this “quick and dirty” survey it will do well. Thanks!

Whether people choose to spend their income on airplanes or other things will be an interesting outcome of the survey I think.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

By disposable income I mean what ends up in your private individual pocket at the end of the year, after all taxes have been paid. I will try to clarify that a little bit.

So I am the 3rd Earl of Upper Warlingham and have inherited 20 million sheep and 3 castles plus 2000 square miles of land. Tabloids estimate my net worth at 12 billion pounds. I keep selling parts of my estate to keep the rest going. Whenever I spend something I have to sell something off, making my estate smaller.

What is my disposable income?

achimha wrote:

What is my disposable income?

Zero (or very little). But this is also an interesting result.

Maybe I should have a button: “I don’t need to work, money rains over me.”

Last Edited by Dimme at 31 Oct 09:56
ESME, ESMS
60 Posts
Sign in to add your message