Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A message to the character who is creating new characters all the time, with the TOR browser

It will never get you in, because we have a new system in place.

I know you have plenty of time, because you haven’t got a job. But all you are doing is increasing the database size by a few hundred bytes each time, and the server space is 100GB. So we have space for several million characters

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Can’t we have fun with him?

EGKB Biggin Hill

What would you suggest?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

What would you suggest?

Launch some attack

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Well, taken together, we do have much more computing power than he does, and, in total between us, probably more time.

Is there anyone here that is clever enough for us to find our way back to him and launch a DoS attack?

Alternatively, can we flood him with some other kind of messaging, such as email.

There must be someone on here with enough knowledge and a sense of fun.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Whats’s the TOR browser?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

You are probably way too young to be asking about the main uses of that

I don’t think you can DOS a load of TOR-type endpoints. Well, not usefully, because there are vast numbers of them. Most come out in the 3rd World… but some come out in countries rather closer to home, with ostensible “civil liberties” credentials, and DOSing some ISP in say Sweden would not go down too well.

Administrator

Only downside in engaging in that type of stuff.

EGTF, LFTF

Why not block TOR exit node IPs from registering? cf. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9780038/is-it-possible-to-block-tor-users

Switzerland

It seems a great idea (every day is a school day) but I think only some would be in the TOR IP list mentioned on that site. For example one just now is 193.201.224.229 which is in the former USSR (as most of them are) and is not listed as TOR. It does appear on various blacklists (if you google on it) but frankly the money is not around to get code written to implement that sort of checking. Also anybody on a blacklist will soon discover they are on it and will dig out a fresh IP. Plus, an attack directed only against site(s) which don’t auto-report to blacklists will not get a clean IP blacklisted.

We are implementing other measures however. I can’t go into details for obvious reasons.

Administrator
41 Posts
Sign in to add your message