Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A CTOT for an IFR flight, Shoreham EGKA to Le Touquet LFAT, 5000ft - is this a world record for IFPS?

-ARCID Nxxxxx
-IFPLID AA19543670
-ADEP EGKA
-ADES LFAT
-EOBD 191029
-EOBT 1000
-CTOT 1010
-REGUL LFQQTW29
-TTO -PTID TUKVI -TO 1046 -FL F050
-TAXITIME 0010
-REGCAUSE TE 82

Can anyone decode the reason?

It is doubly funny because London Control, having received the original flight plan from Eurocontrol, dumps it instantly, because it is entirely in Class G

No airport of departure is likely to enforce such a CTOT.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

-IFPLID AA19543670

Unique flightplan ID you can quote to CFMU in case you contact them

Peter wrote:

-EOBD 191029
-EOBT 1000
-CTOT 1010
-TAXITIME 0010

If you filed for a 1000 departure, considering a 10 minute taxi time, there is actually no delay being imposed on you.

Peter wrote:

-TTO -PTID TUKVI -TO 1046 -FL F050

They are asking you to be over TUKVI (FIR border point) at time 1046

Peter wrote:

-REGUL LFQQTW29

Regulation imposed by Lille

Peter wrote:

-REGCAUSE TE 82

Regulation caused by ATC equipment (T) applies to the enroute phase (E) IATA delay code 82 = ATC restriction due to staff shortage or equipment failure enroute.

Slots are there to guarantee your safety (think alerting service). I guarantee you CFMU does not enjoy imposing them, any more than you enjoy receiving them.

EBZW

I think that TW is the departure tolerance window which in this case refers to Lille area. Not sure about the number but presumably it refers to the date that it applies. Seems odd for a flight at that level although I have recently been getting more CTOTs but mainly linked to Brussels area. Recent flight to ELLX I got over an hour CTOT delay which made a day landing into a night one.

EGBW, United Kingdom

Indeed; the CTOT had no practical consequence. My query was how can one possibly get a CTOT for a flight almost wholly OCAS.

LFAT wasn’t busy either. I was cleared for the ILS immediately, in their usual friendly way, and handed over to Tower even before LOC intercept.

Administrator

Got more today, reportedly due to French ATC strikes

-ARCID Nxxxx
-IFPLID AA20694504
-ADEP EGKA
-ADES LFAT
-EOBD 191207
-EOBT 1015
-CTOT 1100
-REGUL LFQQW07
-TTO -PTID TUKVI -TO 1130 -FL F050
-COMMENT AERODROME OR AIRSPACE OR POINT NOT AVAILABLE
-TAXITIME 0010
-REGCAUSE IE 82

-ARCID Nxxxx
-IFPLID AA20694504
-ADEP EGKA
-ADES LFAT
-EOBD 191207
-EOBT 1015
-NEWCTOT 1310
-REGUL LFQQW07
-TTO -PTID TUKVI -TO 1340 -FL F050
-TAXITIME 0010
-REGCAUSE IE 82

-ARCID Nxxxx
-IFPLID AA20694504
-ADEP EGKA
-ADES LFAT
-EOBD 191207
-EOBT 1015
-NEWCTOT 1100
-REGUL LFQQW07
-TTO -PTID TUKVI -TO 1130 -FL F050
-TAXITIME 0010
-REGCAUSE IE 82

and same for the return flight

-ARCID Nxxxx
-IFPLID AA20694513
-ADEP LFAT
-ADES EGKA
-EOBD 191207
-EOBT 1500
-CTOT 1550
-REGUL LFQQW07
-TTO -ADID LFAT -TO 1550
-TAXITIME 0005
-REGCAUSE IE 82

IFR in France can be tricky. I’ve had strike related CTOTs on a large % of flights. At a guess, 5-10%, and on each occassion when it was a long flight, it really screwed up the day. One of them was a diversion to a late opening airport and a retrieval (a few hundred £). Today, I just cancelled, re-filed “VFR” and flew the same route.

ILS was flown into LFAT even though Lille were not answering radio calls. There was some activity on the frequency but maybe from elsewhere in France. LFAT tower just told me to report at TUKVI (the ILS IAF)… You would never get this wonderful pragmatic service in the UK. I hope the airport is around for ever.

I think cancelling an IFR flight and immediately filing VFR is ok, due to this. I got complications doing this “IFR and IFR”, with the Autorouter which threw up some error message. Eventually it got sorted, with some phone calls. This time I used EuroFPL which is pretty simple and AFAIK just transmits an AFTN message and that’s it.

Administrator
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message