Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2021 - Trip Wish lists

Some cool places above. I did have a browse and saw some people aiming for the Canaries. Anyone going this Summer?

I’ve seen Portgual and Morrocco are going on the Green List.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Will see how it plays out Covid wise, the plan is go to Morocco on last week of July and plug Canaries right after (hopefully far more sunny & social and less challenging than terbang’s March trip )

https://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/12775-canaries-in-covid-times#post_277770

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Will see how it plays out Covid wise, the plan is go to Morocco on last week of July and plug Canaries right after (hopefully far more sunny & social and less challenging than terbang’s March trip )

The only thing I’d be concerned about is a range, you can’t stop between here and Morroco. That’s 8-9 hours flying for me and with hardly any pax space as I am super fat (95.2kg). I guess routing via CI and Portugal to Morroco is an option, but a lot of flying across the Bay of Biscay in a SEP.

It’s on my wish list, but not just yet the Canaries. I need to build up my IF experience when I get my IR (Hopefully next couple of months)

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

The only thing I’d be concerned about is a range, you can’t stop between here and Morroco

I was looking Stapleford to Tangier once but I decided to split it in Biarritz (other times it was SanSebastian, Beziers, Perpignan)

I would personally avoid stops in southern Spain, unless you have something in mind to visit incity (e.g. Seville or Cordoba) other than “transit airport”, for “transit airport”, you have Jerez (25E) & Almeria (50E) but fuel is still expensive, handling & customs & diversion are tricky to plan, but if you are happy to make lot of stops in Spain then try visiting likes of Cerdanya, Castellon, Raquena, Muchamiel…

In Portugal, I heard Cascais is super nice but I never visited

pilotrobbie wrote:

I need to build up my IF experience when I get my IR (Hopefully next couple of months)

Good luck with that, but as long as you are going in summer with airspace planning and plan for weather, it should be fine !
All my flights south were VFR (I can’t fly N-reg IFR outside UK/France unless I get an FAA IR)

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 Apr 13:12
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

To throw some US planning into the mix here:

I hope to finally get a trip done which I had planned two years ago, but at the time couldn’t do because of wx (did a more southern trip at the time) and last year because of you-know-who…..

Planning on 10 days or so L.A. > Salt Lake City > Yellowstone > Denver > Mesa Verde (couple of nearby options) > Taos > back via some so far undetermined route.

Ibra wrote:

In Portugal, I heard Cascais is super nice but I never visited

It is! Lisbon is a great city to visit and flying in Portugal is really nice with lots of small airfields. Certainly worth the detour on your way south.

EGPI Islay, and bring a case of Lagavulin down with me.

EDDW, Germany

I don’t have a wish list in terms of airports, having done ~200 of them. I’d like to visit new destinations, and look forward to the September EuroGA fly-in to Sicily. But these days, CV19 lockdowns, even a trip down to Croatia would be great

After summit pics and videos of well known Alpine mountains I want to do the summit of the Matterhorn but that needs to be done enroute; a bit too far to do EGKA-EGKA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not so much wish list but to-do list:

• Kempten EDMK
  • Sarbrücken EDDR
  • Pirna-Pratzschwitz EDAR
  • Schleißheim EDNX
  • Bad Kissingen EDFK
  • Coburg EDQC
  • Ballenstedt EDBC

Wish list because not feasible as a day trip and probably too crowded when Covid restrictions will have been lifted:

• Müritz EDAX
  • St. Peter-Ording EDXO

Unlikely:

• Reutte-Höfen LOIR, only a little bit into the Alps but two many mountains for my experience
  • Suhl-Goldlauter EDQS, need at least 100 hours
EDQH, Germany

Personally, I don’t want to “wish” something, when it’s probably far from reality. I have quite a bad feeling about the Covid-travel restrictions for upcoming summer, at least as long as you didn’t had the chance for a full vaccination. I really want to visit some nice places in Italy and Croatia, but we’ll see how that works out in July and August. Otherwise, I would really like to visit St. Stephan (LSTS) and Mollis (LSZM) in the Swiss Alps. Both airfields are generally closed for non-home-based airplanes, but there are ways to obtain a PPR. Especially Mollis should be doable. In Germany, I would like to visit some further Northsea islands, like Langeoog (EDWL), Baltrum (EDWZ), Wyk auf Föhr (EDXY) etc. And maybe, if Austria is not on the “high risk” list anymore, also some places in the Austrian and/or Slovenian Alps.

When I get extremely lucky, maybe I would even do a little trip to Scandinavia, but I doubt Covid travel restrictions, weather, and my personal time, will all fit together.

Last Edited by Frans at 25 Apr 18:34
Switzerland

It appears the us Sassenach’s can cross the border from tomorrow

Does anyone have any recent experience with Campbeltown, Islay and Tiree, or do HIAL just make it too difficult ?

Also what about Oban ?

Thanks

Sign in to add your message