Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Deauville LFRG - where to park?

Notam as GA Parking on Golf (grass) is closed until 29 April, planing on going on the 27th for one night,
Any idea on where I will be able to park.
I can’t find a email address for the airport to ask.
Thanks

Our airport database has two reports, and the link to the AIP there will yield the contact details

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Since the airport doesn‘t call for PPR to
park, they will (when the grass parking is closed) park you on the main apron. It is quite deserted during off-season. In fact, in summer they sometimes do have PPR for parking via NOTAM.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The grass parking is likely to be closed this weekend as the grass, if it’s not sodden now, will more than likely be by the weekend.
The AD operator can be contacted on
+33 2 31 65 65 65.
This is also the number for douaniers IIRC so that you probably get answers to both your questions on that number🙂

France

Thank you all

Does anyone know whether parking for 1 day is available there now? I can’t speak French

Administrator

Did someone say parking was a problem or have you had problems?
I have never even thought about it when flying there I just landed and parked..I was there for 2 nights last year with a P68TC and no one said that I should have booked or PPRd or anything like that.

France

Yes; see above.

48hr PPR on weekends:

so lots of pushing rocks uphill

Administrator

That’s for C&I, not for regular parking.
I think what gallois meant is that if there is a real problem with parking (and main apron is expected full / not available), they require PPR for parking as well by NOTAM. If there is no NOTAM, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about.

As for the phone number, does the operator not speak English ? How would that work for customs PPR ?

Last Edited by maxbc at 17 May 08:40
France

Deauville does indeed not have general parking PPR. They sometimes have this via NOTAM (in high season), but not currently.
That means no real need to request PPR for a few days of parking.
However, they could potentially send him to the grass, and if one doesn’t like that, it means one has to contact them ahead of time to request / reserve a space on the GA part of the tarmac parking. On the other hand, since Peter has to send them an email anyway (for the cutoms notice), he can just do that in the same mail. The airport staff people at such kind of “posh” airports do indeed speak English very well.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 17 May 09:02
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message