Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Boite Noire - film

I just watched the 2021 film Boite Noire on Netflix. Unfortunately it’s French-only – you can get subtitles, but only in French also.

It was very enjoyable. The story is about a BEA investigation into an airliner crash, focussing on the extremely nerdy investigator. It seems very realistic, apart from the plot twist at the end but then it wouldn’t be much of a story otherwise – although I’ve never been part of a BEA or similar investigation. According to the Wikipedia article, the director is an aviation fan and spent quite a lot of time shadowing a for-real BEA investigator to get the details right.

LFMD, France

I saw it a few weeks ago, IIRC English-dubbed. Yes – excellent. I was surprised it was made in the first place, given some of the controversy discussed here previously

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tip! I found it on a streaming service with Swedish subtitles.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I found the definitely not Airbus manufacturer quite funny.

I was very surprised that French cinema could still release good thrillers, and not the social / societal comedy we get all the time. Nowadays it’s hard to find a French movie that’s not focused on unemployment, handicap, discrimination, suburb unrest, homosexuality, social and environmental activism etc.

France

yep, watched it 2 years ago, and noted very good in my database (the one that is supposed to prevent me from watching a movie twice 😈).

Nowadays it’s hard to find a French movie that’s not focused on unemployment, handicap, discrimination, suburb unrest, homosexuality, social and environmental activism etc.

How true…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Can’t afford to make big special effects blockbusters. Those that could raise the funds like Luc Besson need to del with Hollywood.

France
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message