Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airport food

Peter wrote:

Like saying eating a cow is vegetarian because a cow eats grass.

I keep telling my wife that I’ve had a good portion of veggies for lunch… concentrated. I suppose thats what they feed pigs before they end up as steaks, right?

Incidently, I’ve recently rediscovered salad. There was a good portion of cabbage with cheese and croutons which accompanied a bunch of lamb chops in Crete. Yummy!

But coming back to airport food: Incidently one of the best lamb shanks with mashed potatoes I ever had was served in the transit area of Terminal 1 at LHR…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Years on, nothing has changed

But Sandown is busy as hell, almost entirely with pilots flying there, eating, and flying back… Clearly this project is doomed to fail

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

But Sandown is busy as hell, almost entirely with pilots flying there, eating, and flying back… Clearly this project is doomed to fail

I have been at Arcadia Municipal Airport (X06), I would rank their food as healthier, except pancakes that you get for free when you buy full fuel at 2.5$/Gal

To be fair, Sandown is still a good example of nice and well managed grass root GA airfield: improved their grass runway, has fuel, NO PPR, NO closing hours, OK to camp under the wing, good to fly/walk around IoW…will skip the food though

Bembridge & LeeSolent have tarmacs & nearby beach that Mrs seems to like !

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Jul 15:59
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Doesn’t Sandown have a nearby beach too ?

I’m okay with the food :)

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 29 Jul 16:51
LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Doesn’t Sandown have a nearby beach too ?

Surely more hassle than Bembridge for a quick walk to the beach, but on taxis Sandown airport managed to get few local taxis almost based on their airport…

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Jul 17:19
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

YUM ! That looks great !!

Thanks Ibra. I note the taxis (to visit osborne house:).

I still remember my free hot dog at Sporty’s 12 years ago . They offer them for lunch every saturday since 1980.

We need more food attraction to make pilots fly !

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 30 Jul 08:27
LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

We need more food attraction to make pilots fly !

… and the salad for @Peter, please! :)

EGTR

Yes, that roast makes me want to fly over there…

EHTE, Netherlands

You just have to laugh at how fast the UK PPL population is getting heavier and heavier

This is a bacon butty:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message