Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How many hours in your Non-Flying Logbook?

I may just be unlucky, but the weather has been dreadful on many of my intended travel plan with the plane this year.

As I am home with another trip canceled, I have decided to start a new section on my logbook: the Non-Flying/Cancel flight time…

So far this year, estimated 15h travel canceled vs 16h actual travel flying… Getting dangerously close to the wrong balance…

Last Edited by roznet at 27 Apr 18:38
EGTF, United Kingdom

roznet wrote:

So far this year, estimated 15h travel canceled vs 16h actual travel flying… Getting dangerously close to the wrong balance…

Much worse for me: 4hrs flown, 15hrs cancelled.

EGTR

A bad start to the year for me too – estimated 10 hours cancelled

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

For one year of my getting my PPL (2022) I kept track, 127 days with reservations resulted in 36 days of flying.

Now I am trying to get checked out on SR20, which is a 3 day mini-course. 13 days of reservations have resulted in 2 days of flying.

ji
EBGB EBAW, Belgium

For me, I think a lot in the last 6 months. It has been the worst winter I remember. Just rain and more rain. Even cancelled many walks and bike rides. And it has not stopped yet! Aero EDNY was cancelled (that one is cancelled about 10% of the time) and a trip to Croatia after that also cancelled.

This has happened before. When I started in 2000, I booked a lesson a day for Oct Nov Dec i.e. 90 lessons, and got just 3

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Obviously the weather is a major factor. I’m pretty lucky this year because I haven’t canceled any flying this year. Whenever I was free the weather was reasonably OK at least at destinations. Since January I flew more than 50 hours and it seems that this weekend will be the first free time when I’ll have to skip flying.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That makes me feel better I’ve done about 30hrs since 1st Jan, so not so bad.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

roznet wrote:

Getting dangerously close to the wrong balance…

Time to buy a Mirage

EGTF, LFTF

Time to buy a Mirage

Yes it s definitely because of the plane, nothing to do with the pilot whatsoever

EGTF, United Kingdom

Move to Portugal all of you, and these concerns would vanish. Maybe even Spain would do ;-) . Anyways, no-where is it all perfect. In general I can always get some VMC flying going down here, in any 2 week period there is always room for 3-5 flying days. Life is like that, isn´t it, it´s a choice. The food is not bad either! ;-)

Last Edited by Yeager at 02 May 18:45
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message